Innovative Marine Aquariums

ADA DO AQUA -mini S

Mr.zissou

Went down to santa monica's nature aquarium last week and picked up ADA'S Do Aqua series mini S

Tank ADA DO AQUA mini-S

Filter- Fluval Nano internal filter

Heater- Hydor mini under gravel filter

3.2 pounds of rock and a pound and a half of bahama oolite sand all dead both sand and rock.

GEDC0003.jpg

Even the box is awesome :P

GEDC0004.jpg

GEDC0006.jpg

GEDC0007.jpg

any ideas as far as lighting i really want leds

kriskristofferzen

you could go with a eheim 2211 or use what supernip suggested also.. it is the TOM aquatics, available at petsmart, i havent seen any other lfs selling that brand. i had one with a TOM 2 gallon and a 3 gallon, they are ok for what they are. good luck.

might go with 2211 i could not get the 2213 to fit correctly going to try and return and get the smaller filter the trade off with the smaller filter is less flow which means a power head which means less space and more equipment

Mr. Microscope

If you're going for NPS, you could get away with weaker LEDs. You'd still get the color, but at half the cost of the high wattage ones. Maybe get a few one watt LEDs.

iam having a super hard time with my aqua scape trying to create as few dead spots as possible which is proving very difficult and as far as stocking goes sun coral dendros and a super small carnation that a buddy has. and if all else fails i get a gbta and a clown and keep it super minimal

try to minimize rock contact at the bottom of your tank, but dont compromise your structure's integrity i guess. is this for maintenance or flow to nps?

Flow to NON Photos for sure plus always loved the minimal aquascape

went to the store got the fluval nano aquarium filter supernip inspired me with the toms aquatics internal filter thank you by the way!

also grabbed a cool hydra aquatics hang on thermometer which is pretty sweet looking made for rimless tanks, and a little nano mag

also Super nip i just re -aqua scaped ill post pictures when tank clears up

i didnt even know fluval made ont that small, whats the gph rating on it?

i wonder if its as small as s duetto or the azoo

New final aqua scape put sand and water in it will post new pictures tomorrow

still lost on a light so i think ill use these forums to my advantage and build a led light

stocking plans have changed still will do some polyps of sun coral and stuff but no carnation as i had planned due to my time ill have with the tank will not be around to feed it 3 times a day and give it proper care. i dont know the flow out put on the fluval it just says up to 15 gallon i tried looking online but nothing came up i love it so far it doing great so good in fact i removed the power head never thought id just be using and internal filter but the flow is solid i guess if the shoe fits right

heres some pictures!!

GEDC0034-1.jpg

GEDC0026.jpg

GEDC0024.jpg

GEDC0030.jpg

pictures are in reverse order

GEDC0053.jpg

GEDC0050.jpg

GEDC0042.jpg

GEDC0030.jpg

GEDC0034.jpg

Mixed the tropic marin last night , just put water in the tank a few hours ago

pretty sure that this will be my final aquascape iam super lost on stocking plans though :/

went out to get power bright led strips today.... so they dont make those anymore :(

But the owner said he had a few at home and would sell em to me for 35 bucks a pop might only get one of them.

/

But the reason iam posting tonight i have an a tank arriving this week that is very shallow :)

in a good way...

and i want to do sps in it tank is only 6 inches tall what kind of lighting ???

would marine land reef capable work or would i have to make my own led stand alone fixture and if so

what how many leds? the tank is 6in tall by 18 long.

got a powerbrite strip by current today to light this sucker today it has a funky kind of spot light effect ill have to figure out a way to get rid of that

but the height of the mini m allows for more flow and diversity

but 45-f is more water volume so iam stuck

• 6 months later...

Archived