Coral Vue Hydros

ledwholesalers dimmable par38 PAR readings

L8 2 RISE

I just put the light up and used the par meter on a tripod to get the following readings. Each one was the highest value I could get to stay steady at each level:

Right next to the light (up to 3 inches)- Off the scale, over 2,000

1ft-750

2ft-242

3ft-111

4ft-64

I'll keep the set up the way it is for a little while if anyone wants me to check anything else. For the review thread, see here: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...+dimmable+par38

I don't know what to make of these values, so if someone with more experience with LED's wants to chime in and interpret, please do!

Can you take readings for distance underwater? Par drops real fast in water. Just do the same thing but for 3-6 inches under water instead of feet of air.

I just put the light up and used the par meter on a tripod to get the following readings. Each one was the highest value I could get to stay steady at each level:

Right next to the light (up to 3 inches)- Off the scale, over 2,000

1ft-750

2ft-242

3ft-111

4ft-64

I'll keep the set up the way it is for a little while if anyone wants me to check anything else. For the review thread, see here: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...+dimmable+par38

I don't know what to make of these values, so if someone with more experience with LED's wants to chime in and interpret, please do!

That's about expected for a lamp with such tight optics. What will be more telling is to set a distance up, say at 2ft, and start measuring off axis every 2".

Ask and you shall recieve. I didn't till the par meter at all as I did this, I just moved it away from the light pointed straight up. If I tilted it I would get slightly higher results.

At 2ft-

0in=242

2in=213

4in=88

6in=33

8in=18

10in=10

The water one will be a little harder, but I'll try later.

Ask and you shall recieve. I didn't till the par meter at all as I did this, I just moved it away from the light pointed straight up. If I tilted it I would get slightly higher results.

At 2ft-

0in=242

2in=213

4in=88

6in=33

8in=18

10in=10

The water one will be a little harder, but I'll try later.

Right there shows you how tight they are. This shows very limited area coverage, depending on how much light you want on the sand.

• 1 month later...

Archived