Top Shelf Aquatics

Tidepool a.i.o. finished.

miketron75

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know right!? Thanks!I forgot about the net...the tank isnt impressively stocked yet so better pics will be coming, i thnik I have a couple good ones of the starfish in it...

Here is another...

post-26146-1298454302_thumb.jpg

post-26146-1298454395_thumb.jpg

nice i really like those stars, have you kept fromias before?

Yes, I have kept MANY fromias...love them!

Novel idea. beautiful stars. Anything special for them?

Nope, nothin special for the stars...actually when you start up a tank like this its best NOT to slowly itroduce lighting....starfish like linkias and fromia, tiles etc eat lots of MICROalgae so hammer those rocks with light and then back it off to 8-10 hours...

nice tank....lose the bio balls dude.....they do more harm than good

He already said under the pic of the bio balls he isnt using them.

This is an awesome build. Are you just going to keep stars or are you planning on stocking different tidepool species?

He already said under the pic of the bio balls he isnt using them.

This is an awesome build. Are you just going to keep stars or are you planning on stocking different tidepool species?

Lol, thanks for actually READING before commenting! yeah, I'll constantly be adding, especially since starfish are a pain in the ass and it takes a while to aquire some solid ones.... And also, bioballs are awesome if you maintain them, amybody who says they do more harm than good doesnt understand how the were designed to be used.

Looking good man, isnt that tank top heavy?

JK, i remember your pics in the gallery.

what else are planning for livestock?

Looking good man, isnt that tank top heavy?

JK, i remember your pics in the gallery.

what else are planning for livestock?

haha!, nice profile pic.

And also, bioballs are awesome if you maintain them, amybody who says they do more harm than good doesnt understand how the were designed to be used.

So what IS the proper way of maintaining the bioballs and how were they designed to be used?

They are standard equipment with my Solana 34 but should I keep them I'm not sure what sort of upkeep is required to prevent the "nitrate factory syndrome" everybody moans about.

So what IS the proper way of maintaining the bioballs and how were they designed to be used?

They are standard equipment with my Solana 34 but should I keep them I'm not sure what sort of upkeep is required to prevent the "nitrate factory syndrome" everybody moans about.

clean them weekly

....barely rinse them, in salt water preferably that is the same temp, salinity etc.

Depending on the prefilter(s) and bioload, once a month should be more than enough.

Nice tank but your stars will be dead in 18 months. Not big enough, not enough live rock and not enough sponges. Not trying to be an ass but enjoy while it last.

Nice tank but your stars will be dead in 18 months. Not big enough, not enough live rock and not enough sponges. Not trying to be an ass but enjoy while it last.

Well, you managed to be an ass, but are wrong about everything else, this is about the 30th one of these Ive set up and sold, and Ive kept linkias that were bigger, in smaller tanks for YEARS, like 7 years..they dont eat only sponges bud...nevermind, you just need way more experience because you obviously dont know what u r talking about.

Archived