Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Need Help Getting Rid of Red Slime

clownfish14

ok so heres the deal i finally got rid of my GHA by cutting back on feedings and other stuff. i also added a Reactor with GFO and carbon. anywayse as soon as the hair algea went away i started to get Red slime algea. ive tried tons of things the first thing i tried is changing my bulb since i had had it for like 11 months. well that wasent it. next thing i tried was red slime remover Chem Clean is what its called. so id add this stuff and follow the directons exacty and on the final day every thing is looking great. the following day i start to see red spots of it poping up allover again so i suck out as much as i can wait a few days and then try the red slime remover stuff again. the result was the same as the time before. so now im like WTF is up with this. all my prams are right on target.

ph-8.2

salinity-1.024

nitrate-0

phosphate-0

magnesium-1300

calcium-300

alkalinity-8 dkh

also i should mention that i do 2.5 gallon water changes once a week using brightwell aquatics neo marine salt. i match the water temp and salinity perfect before doing the water change. i also syphon the sand bed using a gravel vac i do this during my water change. in addition to this i also blow my rocks off with a turkey baster right before i do the water change. for flow i have a mp10 set to like 65-75% on reef crest mode. for filteration i run some filter padding stuff then cheato i also run a TLF phosban reactor 150 with BRS GFO and ROX 0.8 carbon. for live stock i have two occ. clownfish, 2 firefish gobys and a jawfish. i also have a red sea star a cleanner shrimp and two peperment shrimp (for aptasia) and a maxima clam. oh and i also have like 4 hermits and a quick crew for a 30 gallon from reef cleanners. i also have a tuxedo urchin. as for coral i have like 5 or 6 sps a bunch of zoos and some lps.

so does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of this stuff? ive also had a RTN problem with my SPS this was like a month ago and i lost three frags almost overnight. i dipped them using revive befor putting them in my tank ( i do that to all my corals).

Any ideas?

thanks,

nick :D

Archived