Pod Your Reef

The Blue Ocean in Red

Mr. Microscope

thank you for that link!

I really hope none of that was digitally rendered, and that the image quality was indeed real haha.

Though I do suspect some of the shot were made in public aquariums.

The manta ray sequence is what I liked most in that vid :)

I told my Invert bio professor about this vid.

He told me of another awesome video that you guys may want to check out:

Ocean Requiem

Some amazing fish behavior is shown in this one(the wide mouthed blennies/gobies caught my attention lol)

Though I do suspect some of the shot were made in public aquariums.

Why would you think that, and which shots in particular? I've been to several of the best aquariums in the country (Monterey Bay is my local aquarium) and most of the shots in that video are well beyond the capabilities of even the best aquariums. Maybe a couple of the close-ups on an individual specimen, but why would he do that?

I've scuba dived at a couple of the areas listed in the description and the visibilities are definitely possible if you're there on the right day. The shots from California (Catalina and possibly some Point Lobos/Monterey) were probably the hardest to get. Usually the visibility is much less, but it does happen.

idk, like i said I HOPE that all of that was filmed in the wild. in an aquarium you can find exactly what you want to film and film it. in the wild youre going to take w/e you can get. very amazing shots, and dont get me wrong, the people who made this did a great job and i am too critical because i do not know for sure if anything was in an aquarium.

Though I must say, the end was a bit of a shock with the animals in the nets. : (

I see the video's message is working. Though it has good intentions, it just felt like it was randomly thrown in at the end. IMO if they were going to go with that ending they could have made the sad part longer. But I'm sure they have a video editor that much more qualified than I am at these things xD

Archived