Coral Vue Hydros

Markushka's Master Build Thread

Markushka

DSC_0034.JPG

Lights out.

ok here it is:

DSC_0035.JPG

It all started when I decided to build a stand for a 20 long I had. Then I picked up a second 20 long from a local. The design evolved to hold two tanks. Then I acquired a third 20 long..... ok, now this is when you know you have a problem :blush:

one of the 20s has a pane thats cracked (either my cousins or my brothers doing) so i'm going to fix that up and use it as a fuge sump. It's not in the pictures, but it'll stand on the very bottom. I still need to get the glass for that, but it may be a few weeks before I get to it.

The plan is to plumb all the tanks together so as to make it one system, but housing different biotypes or something like that. The top 20 long drains via a DIY PVC overflow to the hex. the hex then overflows to the second 20 long. I plan to drill this second 20 long and have it go to the 20 long sump; from where the return pump will push the water all the way back to the top.

For now the second 20 will be a sump of sorts. you can see all the rock in there that will be in the system. I need to get off NR and scape! I had a plan for the inhabitants of all the tanks but i've changed it so many times already that i'm not gonna bother posting it.

so far the inhabitants are:

2x mandarins (top 20)

1x Rainfords (top 20)

1x Fuzzy Dwarf Lion (hex)

1x Banggai (hex, soon to be moved!)

1x Long-Spine urchin (hex)

1x Pincushion urchin (hex)

2x black mollies (both 20s)

1x small local eel (sump 20)

Green monti (top 20)

elkhorn (top 20)

Fungia (top 20)

2x BTA (top 20)

Asst. Zoas (top 20)

Asst. Palys (all tanks)

Mushrooms (all tanks?)

Macros (both 20s)

CUC in all tanks

I think thats it for livestock.

And now for more pics:

Top 20

DSC_0001.JPG

the feeders were added today and are gonna be moved to another tank tomorrow. I was just to lazy to do it today.

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

the fungia, i'm trying to rehabilitate for a friend.

DSC_0004.JPG

can you find the byropis? should be easier than finding waldo.

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0021.JPG

Female mandarin. the male was being reclusive.

sorry to those guys who read my contest thread too. I'll try to post different pic in oth threads to keep it interesting. :happy:

20 Hex

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

can you see me now?

20 Middle/Temp Sump

DSC_0008.JPG

Trying to get a pic of teh damn eel!

DSC_0013.JPG

If I cant see you, you cant see me!

DSC_0016.JPG

Headstands next to beat up gorg

DSC_0009.JPG

I'm too fast for you :P

DSC_0010.JPG

I like teh bubbles :happydance:

I think it's an american eel (Anguilla rostrata), it spawns in SW and then it moves to FW as it grows, so i'll be rehoming or releasing (Its wild caught locally) the little bugger soon.

What are all those fish in the breeding net? Feeder fish for the fuzzy? And haha, did you use kyrlon primer for you stand?

Yup feeders for the dwarf and the nems and what ever else will eat them. I'm gonna try to breed the mollies tho to break my reliance on having to collect feeders.

I dunno the paint was supposed to be a greenish semi-translucent wood stain... but the can stood unopened in the garage for a few years. I stumbled onto it and decided to use it. This grey-blue opaque stain is what came out instead. It doesn't look half bad to me, and its water resistant.

20 Long

DSC_0002.JPG

Left side

DSC_0003.JPG

right side

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0022.JPG

Rainfords

DSC_0006.JPG

GBTA

DSC_0010.JPG

Corals

DSC_0013.JPG

Female Mandarin

DSC_0015.JPG

Feather duster rock

DSC_0017.JPG

little standing rock

DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

Male Mandarin

20 Hex

DSC_0027.JPG

DSC_0028.JPG

20 sump

DSC_0030.JPG

The whole system

DSC_0029.JPG

Glad to see you've found a way to keep track of all these tanks!

haha yeah. they're all plumbed together and balance each other out. nitrates from the hex get absorbed by the macros in the top long. This leaves the levels at <10 (tho i'm suspecting near zero).

don't know what the temps are now but I keep the tank at 77 or so. It does get that warm in the summer and the local fish are capable of handling it. It'll just be like an endless summer. Most of the stuff I collect are feeders tho.

Just lots of weed corals to fill up the rock. I may keep the banggai in there with the lion too. he's much better at catching the feeders than the lion. I do want another banggai tho.

and there are lots of macros that can be found furthur south too. macros are very adaptable to temps it seems. I've seen Gracilaria sp. and Ulva too. Shy found some codium. the harder part is QTing them.

I know, but I know I can find it locally and I really want to lol. all those florida reefers and others get to collect cool stuff. I want to too :D even if its only coduim.

I've never really had a chance to snorkel. Just started using goggles in the tidepools :lol: THat's how I find tony little clear shrimps and once a tiny little flounder!

Archived