Coral Vue Hydros

College Coral Tank

jjjo

Since I am going away to college... I've decided to bring my favorite corals with me... ACANS!

i will be setting up some sort of prop nano all in one tank to grow them out in.

at the moment, all i have so far for this build, is the acans themselves.

Here ya go:

Took a few photos today since the acans looked decent.

I am bringing these along to school with me (i am studying aquarium science) to keep me occupied while i'm there. (parties and girls can only curb this addiction so much before corals become a MUST)

I hope they grow into nice mini colonies while im away :)

rainbow

rainbow.jpg

ARC carnival candies and roller rinks

carnivals.jpg

roller.jpg

weird rainbow

macro.jpg

Swirls of color centers

newacan-1.jpg

The three Rocciticoralz acans (YPG CLIMAX Weird rainbow)

climax.jpg

The three ARC acans (CC H.E RR)

HE-1.jpg

Line of acans

Acanallstars.jpg

The rest is coming later. The 20h branch reef is now fallow, and will be until further notice.

They look horrible! What are your water Param's???? :o

Just kidding!!!!

Those are truly amazing Acans and the photography is spectacular! B)

chucktdbm321

cool your bringing a tank to college. Im bringing my 15 to college. and trying to just grow out everything as well. What year are you?

tagging along, as always. your tanks also look so nice :happy:

Nooooooooooo!! does this mean we won't get any pix of the 20H?

that's what i'm thinking :P

cool your bringing a tank to college. Im bringing my 15 to college. and trying to just grow out everything as well. What year are you?

i'm 2 years away from starting, but i'm already trying to get everything set up so it can grow out during college...i'm glad i'm not the only one doing it! i'm also afraid the deciding factor for going away or staying at home might be having the tank[size-wise] just how i want it :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Well its been a long long long time.

I tore my 20h apart. and nearly lost all my acans. lost a lot of other stuff though.

Anyway this is what made it to college. (the rimless tank i was bringing to school with me broke in the car, so this AGA 20h is the temporary fix till christmas.)

anyway, the acans once they healed up (took what seemed like forever) are finally growing, and quickly i might add.

Anyway demoralizing tank that needs to become a 12x12x12 rimless cube display SOON because the 3.5 weeks ive had this 20h up has been quite enough

ACANS-4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hammer coral acclimating to the prop. I am going to start collecting REAL corals now for my new DT im going to do after i get out of school.

hammercoral.jpg

Will get new pic once it opens up.

Nice!

How are the acans growing? Any other corals added to the prop tank?

Acans came back and are doing great.

Here is quick crappy update shot. Granted it just came in the mail today. it is doing rather well. Just needs to acclimate to captive life now, and color up like its brother. (my other branching orange hammer... which i believe is the same exact hammer as this one)

hammercoral-1.jpg

markandstaci

Your frag/growout tank looks better than a lot of display tanks... good job! And those acan colonies are amazing. What bulbs do you run over your tank?

where did you get them? i hope you know you're the one who made me want hammers[which turned out to be a good thing, since someone sold me a hammer as frogspawn, but that's another story :P]

where did you get them? i hope you know you're the one who made me want hammers[which turned out to be a good thing, since someone sold me a hammer as frogspawn, but that's another story :P]

I got the new hammer from a special place. :)

After the death of my former orange branching hammer, i have been looking high and low for the past few months to get a new one.

The acans came locally from various lfs/friends

I got the new hammer from a special place. :)

After the death of my former orange branching hammer, i have been looking high and low for the past few months to get a new one.

The acans came locally from various lfs/friends

"a special place"? aw, come on, you're killing me here :huh::o:P

Archived