45 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a tank

• 12 gallon long
    • 20 gallon long
    • 7.5 gallon cube
    • 25 gallon cube

Mr. Microscope

Hello All,

I'm thinking about my next tank. Right now I'm running the 3 gallon JBJ Picotope. It will likely be a while before I start it, but I am starting to do my research. Whatever I get, I'd likely add an MP10 and probably make it an AIO. I really don't have the tools or gumption to drill.

I first became a fan of the 20 long while viewing many of your threads. I later found out about the 12 long and am a huge fan of the long shallow look. The 7.5 would be easy to do as I could use most of my equipment from my JBJ on it, and the 25 cube would probably be a fun challenge to scape. I was really inspired by John Ciotti’s “Upside Down Reef” nano tank (I think it's a 25 gallon cube).

Do you have experience with your choice? List pros and cons please.

I made these pics for comparison:

12207525D.jpg

12207525H.jpg

12207525T.jpg

12207525L.jpg

12207525R.jpg

Thanks for your vote!

Mr. Microscope
screw that crap. 40b.

where in ny are you? manhattan?

:lol: I am in Manhattan actually. Can't do the 40B. Space issue. Also, I'm pushing with the wife on even the 25 cube.

get a 33 long

Hmm. Did know about those.

I personally like the 12L, but it depends on where you want to put it. Cubes are cool, but there is something about shallow tanks that is really appealing.

If you can use your current equipment for a 7.5 then why not do two of them? With some thought you could come up with a cool concept for two 7.5 cubes.

Mr. Microscope
33 Long is awesome.

Wow. I just looked at this online. 48 inches long! Lighting would get expensive on that though.

Deleted User 6

these noobs don't know about the city. go to new world aquarium and look at their standard size tanks. they have several unique ones.

Mr. Microscope
I voted for the 25g cube. :)

The 7.5g cube isn't enough of a jump from the pico IMO.

Agreed. I think I'm starting to rule that one out.

these noobs don't know about the city. go to new world aquarium and look at their standard size tanks. they have several unique ones.

Yeah, I've browsed around there. They do have a nice selection. Thanks!

Deleted User 6

i've got my old setup for sale btw - 2 tanks (9g w/ rock wall and 18g) and a stand. some dude might be getting it this weekend, but who knows.

See Mr M? That's why I began with the 1.5 Gallon. Because anywhere I go from there is a step up lol

That means I could do a 3 gallon next, twice the size I have now! And a 10 gallon would be a huge step up. Have one in my garage, I am hoping my family will beg me to set it up here in the future hehe! I know just where I could keep it too! Just need lights and a pump and a bunch of dry rock, and a....... :)

:lol:

Archived