Pod Your Reef

true purple hornets

Shaggy420

I have some sps I could frag, but I am trying to buy an sps pack of a different site. I am mainly active on my local boards here in Texas, just trying to pass a couple deals on to other people.

This is every thread you've ever posted on this site.

You came here to cash in without paying for sponsorship.

post-14867-1280364011_thumb.jpg

JayEeeTeeEss
Denison.

An yes, I do have a frag tank hooked to my display. Is there something wrong with that? Gotta have somewhere to put frags. They seem to disappear under the rocks if I leave them in the display

FRAUD!

bump for pics. i now am a premium PAID member so everyone that has been complaining piss off. now can i finally post a for sale thread WITHOUT everyone getting upset?

and that was not at all directed at you monti, i just took your advice and became a supporter of the site so i can post without being harassed.

thanks for the advice,

stephen

nano_keeper30

FYI last time i checked nano-reef.com is valued at around $80,000 and thats just if the owner sells it. That dont include monthly contributions from sponsors and this premium member rubbish.

I thought a forum was about being and sharing information and resources with others and the more you participate the more respected you become.....I guess money can buy anything now a days.

I just did what I was told so that I can go about this site without be blasted for every thread. I thought this place was supposed to be nicer than RC, but you guys have not been very nice so far.

reeftankguy
I just did what I was told so that I can go about this site without be blasted for every thread. I thought this place was supposed to be nicer than RC, but you guys have not been very nice so far.

WRONG! You need to become this... HINT: its more than $24

N-RSponsor.jpg

i now am a premium PAID member so everyone that has been complaining piss off. now can i finally post a for sale thread WITHOUT everyone getting upset?

atta boy, way to represent yourself in the highest light! :slap:

and you donated for the fancy tag, not the fancy SPONSOR tag

what ever happen to reducing wild collected coral I guess it's all about the money right?

I got spammed off of my threads too from other forums

thanks for bringing things to light guys I really knew I wasn't being paranoid it really was about the money and the sponsors and their henchmen strong arming me off the site

I am not a business so there is no way I could afford to be a sponser. I just have a display tank with a 60g frag tank and sell a little coral every now and then. He'll, most of you that are ragging on me aren't even paid members. After the good things I had heard from a few of my friends on this site I was encouraged to check it out. But good lord, if you have nothing better to do than ##### about someone selling corals you need to get a life.

what ever happen to reducing wild collected coral I guess it's all about the money right?

I got spammed off of my threads too from other forums

thanks for bringing things to light guys I really knew I wasn't being paranoid it really was about the money and the sponsors and their henchmen strong arming me off the site

Prohibited uses:

• Selling large quantities of corals, frags, "frag packs," or new equipment.

• Advertising items for sale at a business website

• Advertising auctions

• Posting items for sale on a daily or weekly basis.

Not on a high horse, really. If I am expected to follow rules, i would hope everyone else is. I am all for supporting local reefers and shops alike, but why cant one just follow the rules set in place for a reason? it pisses of the vendors that pay their dues to be given the opportunity to sell at will, while some who claim to be selling a few extra frags do it for 100% profit, and no fees paid.

Just my .02....as usual

GrandpaFeathers

Dude we're not ragging on you for constantly selling stuff. Your main issue here is that you never post UNLESS you're selling something. Do you even have a tank thread here? It seems like you joined this site with your sole intention being profit. If that's the case, become a sponsor. If you're not interested in that, then join the forum for it's original purpose. Share information, and learn. It's cool to sell extra frags when you've got them, but selling frags is really all you do around here.

nano_keeper30
Not on a high horse, really. If I am expected to follow rules, i would hope everyone else is. I am all for supporting local reefers and shops alike, but why cant one just follow the rules set in place for a reason? it pisses of the vendors that pay their dues to be given the opportunity to sell at will, while some who claim to be selling a few extra frags do it for 100% profit, and no fees paid.

Just my .02....as usual

Well that depends on what your capacity is......If you have a 29 gallon tank and your fragging ablility of course has a very limited capacity. In this case, this guy has a 210 gallon display tank so his fragging capacity of said corals in that diplay are going to of course be a lot higher than you with a 29, but there is still a limited capacity to what he can frag even though it may be larger than yours and that is perfectly fine and I dont see any rules that have been violated.

He is not a importer or wholesaler making 1000% profit on a mother colony of zoa's he got lucky with, he is just a average joe supporting his hobby by selling the fruits of his hobby, not personal gain to pay his mortgage or quit his job.

Salt cost money, water costs money, kalk costs money and lightbulbs cost money. Selling some surplus frags to help out with that isnt a bad thing, just as long as he isnt making a living doing this, he hasnt broken any rules.

This site like many others generate ad income to pay for the operation. That's just my understanding of forum sites in general. Those ad fees allow vendors to gain access to forum's membership.

People who solely come here to sell without participating in the forum are in fact vendors however you want to call it. Its all semantics.

It doesn't look like a chop shop; he's doing what a responsible hobbyist should--offer cultured excess to other hobbyists.

Sure it would be nice if the guy was an active participant in other areas of the site, but it's not something you can force. I'd much rather someone not post than be pressured to dilute their post count meaningless fluff.

OP, slow it down.

Everyone else, relax.

nano_keeper30
This site like many others generate ad income to pay for the operation. That's just my understanding of forum sites in general. Those ad fees allow vendors to gain access to forum's membership.

People who solely come here to sell without participating in the forum are in fact vendors however you want to call it. Its all semantics.

For sure, active participation in the forum in the form of advice or just general posts is a must and that he should try harder to acclimate himself at, but along with that, he isnt violating any rules.

For sure, active participation in the forum in the form of advice or just general posts is a must and that he should try harder to acclimate himself at, but along with that, he isnt violating any rules.

Archived