Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

pjreef 20L with side mangrove biotope

pjreef

The 20 long have been set up since April and the mangrove biotope only a week. The both tanks are iluminated with the same t5ho lamp. Im planning in doing a mixed reef in the 20l with some sps at the top of the rock work and a lot of rics at the bottom of the tank. The mangrove biotope will only have zoas, maybe an anemone and feather duster along with a few gobies. Next week will add the mangroves.

Equipment:

20 long tank: Odyssea t5ho 216w , Odyssea 1300 gph water pump, Resun 1/4 chiller, and fuge.

Mangrove biotope: small power filter

Livestock:

20 long: royal gramma, yellowhead wrasse and sunshine chromis. Blueleg hermits

mangrove: blueleg hermints

pecera-1.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic is from my celphone.

Carloslekak

I like the DIY stuff alot, that mangrove biotope seem interesting, espero que vayas a coger una cocolia pa' meterla ahi!!(hope you get nice mangrove crab in there!!!) I like the light, where did you get that?

Keep on keepin' on bro!

I try to save $ with the DIY and also is fun do things by yourself. Una cocolia no creo pq pienso meter gobies peque~os en el sistema pero si pienso meter camarones .I buy the light on ebay, it came with individual reflectors, built in timer and moonlights and I only pay $120. The bulbs are not the best for coloration but soon I will change thems for better ones.

very interesting! How about a close up of the mangrove biotope?

How does the rock do being out of the water - or do you have a way to keep it moist?

very interesting! How about a close up of the mangrove biotope?

How does the rock do being out of the water - or do you have a way to keep it moist?

Thanks, thanks will add close up pics of it later today. I use base rock so the so the rock that its out side do not need to be moist, it its only part of the rock scape. I will add mangroove between the rocks.

Sounds very cool!

Can't wait to see it develop.

Thanks, I will add some corals soon. Maybe today, I have to call my friend that it is a collector to know if he is in his house.

Looks good, that LR looks like antlers lol. Any reason you didn't drill?

I did not drill because because I was desperate to set up the tank. lol

• 2 weeks later...
Carloslekak
He is from A~asco, Carr. 108. Will find you the phone number if you are interested.

Ha!, dude my lfs sells Scoly's for 100-150 bucks... you tell me if I'm interested?

Carloslekak
Full tank shot:

P7240025.jpg

I'm digging the simplicity!

The stuff you can get away with when you have a sump is awesome. Is that a royal gramma I spy?

Archived