Coral Vue Hydros

Opinion on coral placement

ToXIc

so guys i've got some coral placement ideas i want to run by you all..

so i've broken my scape up into 7 sections (if you like to see more pics of the scape feel free to view http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=241943 )

DSC02200-1.jpg

Section:

1: "Mt Zoa" - i plan on just putting zoa's on this rock to cover the entire surface.. using Mr Corals lucky 21 pack.

2:

3:"Valley Wall" -

4: "The Plank" - frogspawn on top?

5: Cliff Wall -

6: Cliff Base - LPS?

7: Valley - SPS?

2 looks like an excellent spot for a ricordia garden...

what kind of lighting do you have? I may be wrong but it's probably not suitable for SPS..

if it is suitable.. i'd do SPS on the tips of 1 and 3. Leave the lower areas for LPS, zoas, rics, candy cane, acans.. etc..

animalmaster6
2 looks like an excellent spot for a ricordia garden...

if it is suitable.. i'd do SPS on the tips of 1 and 3. Leave the lower areas for LPS, zoas, rics, candy cane, acans.. etc..

I agreee with all of this.

And instead of a ricordia garden an acan garden sounds nice too.

k..

what about area 5... its partially sheltered.. i guess i can put corals that eat plankton instead of using ones that photosynthesize

cheryl jordan

JM2C

I think you should do something different with rock #1, it is upside down and looks up side down because of the skeleton of the dead corals.

:)

JM2C

I think you should do something different with rock #1, it is upside down and looks up side down because of the skeleton of the dead corals.

:)

i know i wanted a mountain effect.. but when all the zoas goes on it you wont see the skeleton and ill get my Mt. Zoa.

Maybe some chalices on 5 and +1 for a ric world on 2.

i agree on section 2, i googled what ricordia looks like and they look similar to the zoas.

Xenia will start on rock 7, then infiltrate 1-6... I'd stay away, or banish them to their own island off the coast of mt. zoa somewhere. :)

Also, I dig the scape!

im thinking about putting the xenia on the top ridge of section 3

As long as it's the top it won't spread too fast. If it's at the bottom and has room to climb, that's when it will spread like wildfire. It doesn't spread sideways too fast.

• 3 weeks later...

comments moved here from other thread.

Needs volcano looking corals on the right. Red zoas for the magma, something spitting off the top

that's exactly my thought, i got a molten lava chalice but unfortunately chalices rather be placed low in the tank.. and i'm not too farmila with all the corals/names/species to complete my vision..

Put a large dendro polyp at the top of it so it looks like a volcano erupting :)

the dendro idea is kool but they dont like much light either..

Archived