inTank Media Baskets

Hospital Tank Sizing

NathanF

I've got a couple of tanks on hand; one 10 gallon, and one 20 gallon. I've got a fire fish that's showing early signs of what I think is ich. I realize that I've got to let the display tank rest fallow for ~8 weeks for the ich population go die off.

I've got a clown, two fire fish, and a watchman goby. With those fish in mind should I go with the 10 gallon as a holding/hospital tank or should I go with the 20? In either case I realize that I'll be doing a lot of water changes and mechanical filtration. Common sense at this moment says to go with the 20 but I'd like to do what's right and not wing it with the common sense that I've got right now.

I'm hoping to get started ASAP for the sake of the fish that's showing signs but I don't want to rush into anything in particular either since that can be detrimental too.

Thank you.

Here's the fire fish if anyone has any particular pointers:

P1000613.jpg

P1000616.jpg

P1000619.jpg

+1 to 20 gallons. Utilize your existing tank water and keep up on QT tank water quality is a must since its going to have about no biologicl filtration unless youg et something setup to process the bioload.

Archived