Coral Vue Hydros

40G of indecision contest tank

JoeD

NICE!

but what is that?

lozza string

iqbz21.jpg

control bar and lines... because SW isn't expensive or frustrating enuff...

That looks too fun!

Fun and highly addictive :)

Stocking plans on this tank are kinda loose right now... in theory my NC28 (LPS and softies) is coming down as well as a couple of other smaller projects, and raiding the frag tank (SPS and more softies).

Just received my new to me MP20 today (thanks NyReefer), so thats a given for the tank.

Seriously considering an Aquamedic 150mh with 2x24 t5....I spoke to them today and they say it will give me great coverage for the tank even if I lean towards SPS dominant.

To drill or not to drill... another part of the indecision.

I need to measure the inside dims of the stand... if a 20H will fit, I might lean towards drilling. Not sure its worth plumbing in a 10g sump.

If I don't drill, HOB CPR and remora skimmer will come into play.

If I do drill, it will most likely be through the bottom.

Any suggestions or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Overflow kit and hole saw kit from Glass-holes.com arrived today.... excellent customer service and advice.

One less piece of indecision... drilling the back of the tank for a low flow 15H sump/refugium. 15H is on order w/ Petco... hopefully they will come through.

Also acquired a "DIY" media reactor from Avast Marine Works at the WAMAS fragfest last weekend.

Plumbing noob. K.I.S.S. has worked well so far. It will be interesting to see if a more complex system is worthwhile.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't checked official sources yet, but I believe this is the marital version of getting away with murder.....

dinner table... seats none :o

2rrb85c.jpg

Not the best picture, but new top and bottom for the stand with second coat of paint.

Media rector assembled, and sump has all but one baffle installed. Not sure how much I saved buying a used tank.........

Last baffle and paint coat tomorrow, painting sump and finishing plumbing saturday, setup and trial run Sunday..... 'scaped on Monday, still married on Tuesday.... hopefully :P

Equipment update:

Return pump... Eheim 1250

Lighting AquaMedic Ocean Light w/ 1 150w Phoniex 14K, 1 ATI 24w blue plus, and 1 Giesemann 24w pure actinic.... Good combo?

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome aboard Sir Bitts

Progress....

Still not sure that I'm saving money buying a used tank and stand....

ready for new top and bottom

14w835t.jpg

Plumbed... finally

24l7ad3.jpg

Tight quarters....

a1pzcl.jpg

If I can find something to rehydrate my water (chemipure?), tank will be wet and 'scaped tomorrow..... demolition of the older tank to follow soon thereafter.

Obligatory cloudy tank shot.

Image somehow replaced by spambot....

deleted

Also, power outage water level shot. I think I'm fairly close in my sump design, regarding back flow/siphoning. Still mixing water.

there does seem to be something funky going on with those pics.

Links deleted, also messed with my sexy playground thread. Password changed.

Uploading pics of rubble cobbled together. Opinions appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived