Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Animalmaster6's Nano Contest!

animalmaster6

animalmaster6

I'm going to start a Nano Contest 6-40 gallons. I wanted to make a thread to see who's interested.

Yes there will be many awesome prizes. I already have a donator :)

__Here are the rules_______________________________

Rules/Guidlines

The goal of this contest is to create a contest that shows the skill of a reefer.

Submission

- You may start your tank before the deadline of entering. I.E.- Before another person joins you may start your tank.

- To officially join you need to make a thread and post your first FTS in the FTS Thread. Your first FTS must be of you empty tank with a living or non-living object in it. For example it can be a cat, a parrot, a keychain, a shot glass, a mouse, whatever.

- You can only join if you have not added water to your tank yet. Once you place the first submission FTS yolu can add water.

Specifications

- Your tank must be a nano: Between 6-40 gallons

- It may be any brand

- Your system could be 9999999999 gallons and it doesn't magtter, as long as your display tank is between 6-55 gallons you are fine

Budgets

- There is not a Livestock budget

- There is not an Equipment Budget

- There is not a Food Budget

- You can use an unlimited amount of money

This contest is to show you're skill as a reefer, not what you can do with a limited amout of money

Eliminations

- You will need to post a FTS once a month

- You have to post it on the FTS thread

- You will be excused if you are gone for the month, very sick, or anyother personal issues. We do have lives Please PM me or one of the mods and tell us why.

- NO bullying, yelling at, or anything that manner towards another contestant. There is no need for this at all! If you do you shall be disqualified.

Other Rules

- You may add livestock to your tank from an old system

- There are NO growout periods. At at will

- You MUST keep on the first post a log of what you have at all times. All the equipment and livestock. If something dies delete it from the list. You should put your most recent FTS on the first post as well. The purpose of this is too let people know what myou have

- You may buy anything from anywhere

So who wants to join? This is not the official thread it's a thread to see who's interested.

Some of these rules are open to changing. What do you think of them?

So far these people are interested:

Pismo_Reefer

chrisinmd

TheWook

Dizzle21

Degener8

r3dph03n1x

Hlander

kdino

Cheryl Jordan

ponies999

nellups

Aegeon

iFISTmoose

cuog

fewskillz

mbarton2010

rockchalkreefer

seabass

jbb_oo

Oceanus

SparksReef

DHaut

superdavesds

Giannis86

AJ_Tsin

got2envy

JoeD

Markusha

ajmckay

Administrator- Animalmaster6

Moderators

Bitts

Nanoreef-R

Hlander

Thanks!!!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm interested. I am going to build my tank next month. But it will probably be a long time before I put livestock in it. I have to get alot of money first. It may be Christmas before I get it started. When will the contest end?

animalmaster6

It'll probably around 7-9 months. I'm really opened to anything. I do know that registration will last for 50 days.

Even if you don't get livestock in you might as well join for your aquascape lol.

Thanks for the comment! :)

im in now i just have to go buy another tank im sure the wife will love that lol

i just have one question i just started a tank but im planing on pulling it apart to drill it and then set it back up could i use that tank or should i just go out and buy another tank for this contest

I am interested in joining. I am interested in when it will actually start and stop. I guess once those are determined I can truely commit or not.

pismo_reefer

Consider me in... B)

I'd also like to formally announce that I'll be donating prizes.

I have some SICK frags for the winners...

Of course, if I win anything, the frags will go the next runner up.

Let's get some moar participants!!!

This is essentially a "no holds barred", slug-fest of nano proportions!

Whodat ready to whoop some metphorical booty!??!!?!?

omgomgomg

I am interested in joining. I am interested in when it will actually start and stop. I guess once those are determined I can truely commit or not.

I think im in. my 10g contest ends in july. so right when that ends im going to build my new 150g system with a 47g shallow rimless display,40b refugium/macrotank,37g long shallow frag tank, and big sump.

Hmmm been doing alot of research on this site the past 2 months think i might be ready to give it a go. :happy:

DOOOOOOO ITTTTTTT!!!!!! :D :D :D

It wont......

.....hope you have a steady income.... :mellow:

LOL! thats comforting...

I do but i figure i will be moving a few times in the next to years so i will most likely keep it simple. Anyway AM9's thread is the one that got me int Interested in this hobby.

animalmaster6
im in now i just have to go buy another tank im sure the wife will love that lol

i just have one question i just started a tank but im planing on pulling it apart to drill it and then set it back up could i use that tank or should i just go out and buy another tank for this contest

Thanks!

I would just go and buy another tank. Already drilled. Or not drilled at all.

If enough people have this problem I'll say you can do it :)

If only I went 36" x 20" x 18" and not 36" x 20" x 20"...over by a few gallons. Oh well.

Aww. That Stinks.

Thanks for being interested though :)

Alright thanks Degener!

I'll make the due dates today and post them tonight. It seems that quite a few people are going to be interested.

Consider me in... B)

I'd also like to formally announce that I'll be donating prizes.

I have some SICK frags for the winners...

Of course, if I win anything, the frags will go the next runner up.

Let's get some moar participants!!!

This is essentially a "no holds barred", slug-fest of nano proportions!

Whodat ready to whoop some metphorical booty!??!!?!?

omgomgomg

Lets go Pismo omgomgomg omgomgomg

Thank You!!!!

LOL! thats comforting...

I do but i figure i will be moving a few times in the next to years so i will most likely keep it simple. Anyway AM9's thread is the one that got me int Interested in this hobby.

Up oh

Am sounds like you just became liable.

:lol::P

animalmaster6
I think im in. my 10g contest ends in july. so right when that ends im going to build my new 150g system with a 47g shallow rimless display,40b refugium/macrotank,37g long shallow frag tank, and big sump.

Sweet!

When in July? You will only have until the middle-to end of July to register.

Hmmm been doing alot of research on this site the past 2 months think i might be ready to give it a go. :happy:

Awesome Wook!!!

Thanks!

Honestly afraid once i start it will never end :o

It wont......

.....hope you have a steady income.... :mellow:

Reefing is definitely an addiction once you start you can't stop

This is true.

I set up my a little 12 gallon just so I could have a Firefish, nothing else. Now I am building a 125 gallon beast that will have more fish and corals that I can count :lol:

Anyway AM9's thread is the one that got me int Interested in this hobby.

Wow :)

This means a ton, I'm glad to have someone inspired to go into this awesome hobby :)

Up oh

Am sounds like you just became liable.

:lol::P

:lol: :lol:

:unsure:

he can register and take his pic with just the tank to get started.. and be paused until his other contest is over right. I mean he don gotta get it wet right out the box...

animalmaster6
he can register and take his pic with just the tank to get started.. and be paused until his other contest is over right. I mean he don gotta get it wet right out the box...

Oh yes you are right.

Archived