Pod Your Reef

long skinny

RedMan25xl

its not in my display so it can't harm anything but has 2 predator fangs that extend out of its mouth

its about 3 inches long and does spirals when i touch it

3rdMonth61810006.jpg

3rdMonth61810007.jpg

that is a very large bristle worm..

i'd kick him to the curb. use tweezers the "fuzz" on the sides is like fiberglass spikes that stick in your fingers and can cause irritation.

why?? they make excellent cleaning crew. I have quite a few in my tank and they never did any arm to anything. In fact I even spare some food for them from time to time and they come to eat right out of my pipette.

that is a very large bristle worm..

i'd kick him to the curb. use tweezers the "fuzz" on the sides is like fiberglass spikes that stick in your fingers and can cause irritation.

no its not a bristle worm. its not pink its a light tan with black stripe on either side. It also only has one thin line of hairs down its body.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah he is out of my main display, I put him in a half gallon tank. its funny because anything i put in there the next morning its all stacked up in front of his hole like an abstract statue.

MusicISUnlimited

haha, i saw a worm in my tank similar looking to that...im still not quite sure exactly what type of worm it was (it was pressed against the glass under the sand bed) but lets just say it`s this one in the picture.. if i see it again should i get rid of it haha?

cheryl jordan

Someone or the op please provide a pic or link, because it still looks like a plan old bristle worm to me.

Looks exactly like the large bristle worm I have in my tank. If you have not had problems with it being a preditor in the tank why remove it ?

Not sarcasm just curious.

:D

a postive id of Eunicid worm, I have tried to get another pic of his head but he likes to hide. if you read under the pictures it says that it makes a mucus tunnel with sand and shells stuck to it just like mine, I tore his first one apart. Also has the two large pincers.

chucktdbm321

looks like a fireworm to me, pretty cool looking too. If it has an irredescent sheen on its back and tuffs of bristles its def a fireworm

Archived