Rio 1700

Chemipure elite in the filter sponge slot

Other equipment

Nocturnal blue lunar lights

MP10 on 100% reef crest mode

Oceanic 1/10 hp chiller

Spectrapure CSPDI-90 RO/DI filter

History

I was ready to start from scratch, but amazingly found a ridiculous deal on a craigslist for a month old tank that was stocked with coral and 3 blue-green chromis, yellow wrasse, peppermint shrimp, and coral banded shrimp. The live rock ended up in a big pile, because I was moving in 2 months, and would have to break down the aquarium again. I followed the Biocube resource guide and added the appropriate mods and an MP10. I also added a percula pair, but the female was aggressive to everyone in the tank, which caused an ich outbreak. She was removed, and the tank recovered and is going strong for the most part. Two SPS that came with the tank were given to a friend, because they became smothered with brown algae from well water before I got a RO/DI filter.

1/5/10

Happy video time after 3 weeks of ownership

7/6/10

Pile of rocks before the move

FTS%20150612.jpg

Higher Resolution

15/6/10

With the move, I was able to aquascape a crescent and remove a couple of live rocks. I'm really happy with the result, and the fish seem happier with more room to swim around. The upper reaches are being saved for SPS and a crocea clam. The coral banded shrimp that came with the tank was given to a friend, and the cleaner and peppermint shrimp are much happier now.

FTS%20150610.jpg

Higher Resolution

How do your Chromis's get along?

The largest one chases the other 2 around a little bit to establish the pecking order, but it's nothing serious. They are a pretty tight knit little school. They separate for short periods of time, but spend most of the time together. They like to follow the clownfish around when the yellow wrasse is sleeping. They came with the tank, and I was going to get rid of them, but they grew on me. They add a lot of dazzle to the tank.

bhskicker18

I had one in my Eclipse 12, but sadly he passed away over a year ago. But I wouldn't mind 3 in my new BioCube 29 I'm setting up lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived