Pod Your Reef

Jesse's 20 LONG!

jbarr2000

Hey all. I started with a 10g AGA DIY AIO, decided I really liked the look of a 20L and all the room, so I set one up and just moved into it today! Here's some pics.

Stock List:

Fish:

Naked Ocellaris

A. Ocellaris

Tail Spot Blenny

Green Clown Goby (he's not out much)

Inverts:

CuC w/ hermits

Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

Corals:

Zoas

Star Polyps

Red Shrooms

Candy Cane

FTS

029.jpg

Zoas

030.jpg

Tailspot Blenny

031.jpg

More Zoas

032.jpg

033.jpg

Candy Cane (this shows that I am cable of taking good pictures, just not good at it)

034.jpg

Ball Anemone I found in the move!

035.jpg

I've got 2 Par 38s, 12,000K 80° optics over the tank. I've got them spaced 10" apart, each 5" off center. All my rockwork is in the middle half of the tank so the lights cover all my rockwork nicely, and kind of give a shade to the ends of the tank which I think looks kind of cool.

I think I might order some 60° optics just to see what it looks like, but for what I'm keeping in there I think the 80° optics are going to be just fine. I've just got LPS and softies/zoas/palys, so not a huge lighting req. I might like to get a nem someday, but I dunno yet.

Not pictured but I also glued the candy cane to the rock work. The hammer fell on the CC, I think I got it off in time, but 2 of the candy cane heads have been pissed, so I haven't taken a picture of them yet. I also turned the big rock in the back around, so that the mushroom is on the right side of the tank instead of the left.

Edit:

014.jpg

Archived