inTank Media Baskets

Zoa pox

Mr. Microscope

Mr. Microscope

Sorry for the crappy photo. I noticed these white dots on my Purple Death Paly today.

zoapox.jpg

What do you think?

If it is zoa pox, will it spread around the tank. Should I just get rid of the zoa to be safe? I've read dips do nothing.

Looks like it. Sorry man, your probably better off getting rid of them. My zoas had the pox, I can't get anymore zoas anymore because they will die.

What's wrong with you people??

Cheez.

Just do a Furan-2 treatment, explained in more detail in Zoa Pests & Diseases thread stickied at top of Pest & Disease forum.

Mr. Microscope

Whoops. Forgot about the sickies. Thanks.

I was, however, more curious about whether or not I had them. Not so much about the cure yet.

Check the much more clear pics to be found there and see if it looks like what your Paly has.

Hard to say for sure without a clearer pic.

Bet you knew I was gonna say that.

Mr. Microscope

This is an individual polyp on a piece of plug. Can pox spread throughout the tank or just throughout a colony? I can't seem to find the answer to this specific question. All the info I'm finding just talks about it spreading throughout a colony.

skimlessinseattle
This is an individual polyp on a piece of plug. Can pox spread throughout the tank or just throughout a colony? I can't seem to find the answer to this specific question. All the info I'm finding just talks about it spreading throughout a colony.

I have had it spread to other colonies, though not all colonies in my tank were affected by it. I treated only the affected colonies and had a 100% recovery rate. Furan-2 is the only solution IME.

briansbelle

my PD and nuke green palys have spots..but none are melting and all are open and reproducing like crazy...

does that one stay closed?

i belive some palys pick up sand to strengthen their stalks...could be what your PD is doing...

i have also used furan 2 to treat zoa pox on my bam bams and after 2 dips it was gone, and hasnt come back since...

hope this helps ;)

belle

my PD and nuke green palys have spots..but none are melting and all are open and reproducing like crazy...

i belive some palys pick up sand to strengthen their stalks...could be what your PD is doing...

i have also used furan 2 to treat zoa pox on my bam bams and after 2 dips it was gone, and hasnt come back since...

hope this helps ;)

belle

+1 to palys picking up sand and detritus. I have heard that palys arent susceptible to zoa pox but maybe im wrong.

Mr. Microscope

hope this helps ;)

belle

No, it stays open. It even opened up right away after I set it down from taking the photo. I'm not sure how it would get sand, but maybe. Thanks!

+1 to palys picking up sand and detritus. I have heard that palys arent susceptible to zoa pox but maybe im wrong.

I've also read that. Curious. I'll give it another few days and see. Thanks!

Archived