Pod Your Reef

super1man's Shallow Reef

super1man

super1man

well after a few large tanks i have finaly decided to go shallow and here it is.

full tank shot

fish001.jpg

some of the Ricordia Mushrooms i have

fish002.jpg

fish003.jpg

fish004.jpg

some of the newly aquired colonies

fish005.jpg

fish008.jpg

fish009.jpg

right side of my tank showing off 2 of my clams

fish011.jpg

the left side of my tank with the green BN as my longest coral ive had alittle over a year

fish014.jpg

some miss shots of corals and fish

fish015.jpg

fish017.jpg

fish023.jpg

fish025.jpg

fish026.jpg

fish027.jpg

fish028.jpg

my coolest items my clams

fish018.jpg

fish019.jpg

fish021.jpg

RyanR1212

dam looks good man... and :welcome: :welcome:

one quick question. why did you go with the egg crate?? is this supposed to be a frag tank or do you just like that look??

otherwise everything looks great. those clams are sick

super1man

well alittle about myself im 25 from southeast wisconsin. started reefing about 1 year ago. started witha 125 allglass tank with a diy over the back overflows and a closed loop system small 40 gal breeder sump. then found a 120 rr allglass tank and transftered everything to that tank and up graded to a acrylic sump. started to get tired of going diving when droping frags to the bottom of the tank so i decided to order a custom acrylic tank. currently i have a 4'x2'x10" 1" thick acrylic tank with build in overflow and a acrylic sump which is 3'x16"x16" 8" water height. running a asm G3 skimmer no mods. a mag 12 return pump, 2 vortech mp40w powerheads. have about 120-140lbs of live rock which include my center peice 40lb one peice tonga branch rock. tank is lighted with 2 custom led pendents. tank has a huge bioload of

1 blue tang

1 yellow tang

6 clown fish

1 green clown globy

3 cardianlfish

1 yellow tail damsel

4 crocea clams

around 30 hermit crabs and 7 snails

the sump has a 4 striped damsel and a large coral banded shrimp

i have collect and still collecting sps corals am currently trying to sell off all my lps corals to make some room

i am going to add a 14" cube to the system soon. 2 of the cardinalfish are breeding and would like to put them on their own. i have collect some cool tonga branch rock peices and want to make a bonsai inspired rock work. planing on covering the rock with the sps corals i have collected different monti's and such.

thanks for takeing a look.

super1man

i went with the egg crate because i was going to just have a frag tank. but then little by little im just removing it and going to a reef. the huge peice of tonga branch made my mind up. reef for me. main reason its still in the tank because i have over 100 frags that i need to sell and it makes it easy to oraganize the mess i have.

garret

super1man
nice, what are you gonna do with all the extra frags?

im trying to sell them but still have tons left.

i did mean to have all the frags but when i purchases alot of my corals i got deals beacause they were on their way out and i just fraged off the living parts and stuck them to a plug and now i have to many. also when i get corals in the mail if they break into peices i try to save all the peices and frag them that way i can make a little money back. just got all the mushrooms in had a doa refund that need to be spent and had a cupon for free shiping so they were really cheap.

dam looks good man... and :welcome: :welcome:

one quick question. why did you go with the egg crate?? is this supposed to be a frag tank or do you just like that look??

otherwise everything looks great. those clams are sick

yes i love the clams. its a very bad addition if i could find more i would have them. in my new tank i play on covering the bottom of the tank with a few clams. i love the different colors of them. Not 2 are the same.

here are some pictures from today

top down zoa's

nowpics002.jpg

nowpics005.jpg

nowpics015.jpg

nowpics004.jpg

neon green monti cap

nowpics016.jpg

close up of the Brett's cap

nowpics013.jpg

the clams

nowpics006.jpg

nowpics008.jpg

nowpics009.jpg

some mushrooms

nowpics003.jpg

my favroite chalice

nowpics017.jpg

one last one

nowpics010.jpg

thanks much for looking garret

systemtool

awesome tank! Don't you find it hard getting to your sump through that little access hole? Or does the front panel come off?

here is a picture with out the skin on it. this is my 3rd stand and have been makeing it easier and easier to work on and around everytime

P1010551.jpg

i dont know the name of the brown and orange zoa's.

thanks garret

no the clams are very happy where their at. they dont move off the rock they are firmly footed. i even have one clam which has attached itself to the egg crate. it took me a while when i first got them to find them a happy home but once they found their spot they are staying put.

Thanks all for the comments.

Garret

Cool, great dimensions. How are you finding the evaporation? How much do you need to top off per week?

well i depends on the week and weather conditions but i loose about 5-10 gallons per 7 day week. i have a 8 gallon container that i keep a eye on and just fill when getting low. most of the time i just fill when doing weekly water changes. last few weeks have been really weird beeing really dry and now raining for the last 3 or 4 days. here are some pictures.

P1010024-1.jpg

P1010025-1.jpg

about 1 weeks full of skimate. i have a ASM G3 Skimmer

P1010026-2.jpg

a sneek peek at my new project.

P1010027-2.jpg

thanks for all the support Garret

thanks much

i have learned with my last 3 tanks that keepint it simple is the way to go.

l3lumarlin

I love the shallow tank, I hope I can upgrade from my 20L to something a little larger when my living conditions have space!

here is one sweet mushroom i got today

now043.jpg

now036.jpg

today i traded one of my clams for a few corals here are some pictures

now029.jpg

now037.jpg

now028.jpg

now026.jpg

now024.jpg

2 monti caps and 3 BN frags well tiny peices.

Archived