Innovative Marine Aquariums

Anybody got $1500?

Mr. Microscope

fiction101
Just get a trachy and save yourself $1450.

That piece blows a trachy out of the water. One of a kind coral.

cdelicath

There's one at my LFS that looks very similar for $100.

Any takers? I will sell it at the very low price of 399.99 :P

unimpressed.

+1 i dont see the hype on these corals.

I think it was the guy from reef builders that said these would be "the next hot thing". Guess he was right.

yah it looks nice. but more like $100 nice. Like candy Basselets that go for $1000 when there are some beautiful fish for under $100

Psychosis

Meh. I'll leave this one to the LE nuts. I can find nicer for cheaper pretty much any where.

That being said, it is awesome, no doubt.

Yes, I've got $1500, plus a vast amount more. This has no bearing on me purchasing something with no value beyond this community.

Mr. Microscope

Yeah, I don't understand why all scollies go for at least $150. Perhaps it has to do with their color, but one can get that kinda color from other corals. This is, however, by far the prettiest one I've ever seen. But, agreed, not $1500 pretty.

Does anyone know why these are so pricy?

19jeffro83

DI'D rather buy a new tank for 1500. B.S. Feel bad for the sucker that pays for it, and it will happen.

Yeah, I don't understand why all scollies go for at least $150. Perhaps it has to do with their color, but one can get that kinda color from other corals. This is, however, by far the prettiest one I've ever seen. But, agreed, not $1500 pretty.

Does anyone know why these are so pricy?

Scolys are all basically the same wholesale price that varies 10-20% depending on the wholesaler and the quality, so I can tell you that $150-200 are very fair prices for them based on what retailers are paying. I don't know what the OP link's one cost, but while it wasn't very much beauty is in the eye of the beholder, they're just banking on the beholder being loaded.

Archived