Coral Vue Hydros

Justin's Pico

Justind823

The light so far

2 Cree RB's and CW's both with dimmable buckpucks.

The fan's speed is controlled with a pot also.

IMG_2750.jpg

IMG_2749.jpg

And the tank as of today. Hopefully will have water and rock by the end of the weekend.

IMG_2753.jpg

Yea I had a a few sheets of acrylic that I bought for another project awhile back. That got scrapped so I ended up building this. I put that overflow in there to hide the heater and have a little surface skimming going on, its seems to work.

I mounted up the light!

I didn't want to have to deal with working my way around it so I put it on a pivoting mount. Seems to work so far.

IMG_2756.jpg

IMG_2757.jpg

Light! :D

IMG_2755.jpg

Sweet looking setup. I like the swing arm mount very ingenious.

Welcome to the Pico Methodology Contest. Will get your build thread linked up.

Sweet looking setup. I like the swing arm mount very ingenious.

Welcome to the Pico Methodology Contest. Will get your build thread linked up.

Thanks! Glad to be apart of the contest.

Got some rock, water, and flow going now!

Rock scaping in 1 gallon is a joke. I don't know what I'm going to do yet. Maybe I'll just leave this...we'll see!

IMG_2758.jpg

ive done a few different tiny pico's i think it helps me to have alot of little rocks for scapeing seems to keep itto scale, unless you find the perfect size/shape piece.

Yea I think I'm gonna smash that peice up a bit and see what I can do.

The light is DIY. I used the heatsink fan unit from an old computer graphics card I had. I'm really pleased with how it came out. The fan on it is awesome, if I keep it lowered all the way down with the potentiometer you can't even hear it over the AC but the unit is cool to the touch.

Well there are a lot of computer parts that have heatsinks with built in fans like this one I was just lucky enough to have one. The card that I had was a ATI Radeon x1600 so if you are looking for something like it look for that one or something similar. You could probably find something on ebay.

I just found this. Almost the same thing

http://cgi.ebay.com/ATI-Radeon-X700-X800-9...=item27b0e04a99

• 1 month later...
Justind823

I suppose I should update this thread since I switched tanks and all...

Yeah thats right, my diy acyrlic skill are showing - the tank leaked :mellow: - so I bought something.

I ended up with a 1 gallon Tom's mini deco and a modded ac50.

Same light though! At least I can build something :lol: I did make a new bracket for it, but this one is made out of powder coated bent steel. Its mounted on a piece of 2x4 and still has swiveling action.

IMG_2810.jpg

c_k_kuehne

I have a graphics card that has a heatsink w/ built in fan. Just not sure my monitor would like me if I took it out and stripped that off :scarry:

Justind823
I have a graphics card that has a heatsink w/ built in fan. Just not sure my monitor would like me if I took it out and stripped that off :scarry:

You're right, your monitor probably wouldn't like it...it would love it!

DOIT.

Justind823
Loving that shimmer on such a small tank :)

Its great. LED shimmer is always awesome looking.

great scape.

Thanks! I'm very happy with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived