inTank Media Baskets

TrimLess NanoCube 12 Build

RP Beesh

have the idea about 5 month ago but never got the time to do it here is what i have done so fair. first one to remove the trim from a nanocube 12?

before

af.jpg

taking the trim off with a utility blade and mini hand saw.

IMG_07331.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg?3720

aftermath

1102.jpg

IMG_2471.jpg

IMG_2491.jpg

sfasf.jpg

Untitled-23.jpg

equipment:

VorTech MP10 (going to try this out. )

AquaC Remora Protein Skimmer with Maxi-Jet 1200 Pump

50 watt heater.

ato.

next diy project:

fish stand

led lighting

and maybe a protein skimmer.

yes they the edges are very very clean wonder why they did, it since it was going to be cover. its bevel on both side

yes they the edges are very very clean wonder why they did, it since it was going to be cover. its bevel on both side

Interesting, I bought a used one of these the other day from LFS. I may have to do that and just get rid of the top all together since the light are shot.

I will be following closely.

andrew

acropora1981
I was thinking the same thing. Those are some clean edges under the trim.

haha exactly! I would have expected it to be kinda ugly underneath. Looks like it was made to be rimless and then had trim added later on.

Crackerballer

Yea if I still had my BC I would be doing the trim removal TONIGHT.

1981 you are right, maybe they planned for it that way but obviously the hood system needs the trim. Very cool either way.

Awesome work. I might just have to do this to my old nc12. It's just sitting there half full of water and rock covered in caulerpa :(

This could def breathe some new life into that tank! Thanks for the inspiration. B)

Turned out great. Have you considered cutting off the trim on the bottom?

i won't do it. it have black silicon so it won't look right. i'm planning to build the stand to cover the bottom trim.

polarblair2000

Looks nice :) I was planning on doing the same with my Juwel Lido 120. I love the look of rimless tanks. But I tried to pull my trim of but it was siliconed in on the corners. Looks like the hand saw will have to come out :D

Thanks for the idea :)

Oooh, I like! Anyone think this could work with an Aquapod 12g? And if so, the 70w sunpod should still sit okay right?

have no idea on that. i tried this with own my own risk and wasn't sure the outcome i might have been the first one to try it on a nanocube 12. lucky the edge was bevel.

• 11 months later...

I haven't ordered mine yet but they look nice. I really like that they are black. How many are you going to put on ur tank?

I haven't ordered mine yet but they look nice. I really like that they are black. How many are you going to put on ur tank?

one but not sure what optic 60 or 80

• 11 months later...
Dnanoreefer

Yeah that looks slick!! Really makes you wonder why there would be a lid on it in the first place. Can't wait to see it stocked!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived