inTank Media Baskets

Octopus Ink Hetroxenia

Mr. Microscope

Someone local here in NC has some, we were talking about it the other day.

It doesn't look nearly as impressive in person. Now this is second hand info, I haven't seen it myself.

The pic they post is cool though.

its still a xenia, which means its 100% likely to be completely fine one month and explode the next, then reappear the following month somewhere completely different

its still a xenia, which means its 100% likely to be completely fine one month and explode the next, then reappear the following month somewhere completely different

I just had one die so I hope it comes back in a month lol. That would be tight. I have no idea why it died unless it got A. Too much flow or B. My Magnesium and Calcium being a little too low (only a little bit though).

if its heteroxenia, it should be a lot larger with a rounder plum. It wont grow as fast either. Rather nice but I can never tell with live aquaria's pictures

I just had one die so I hope it comes back in a month lol. That would be tight. I have no idea why it died unless it got A. Too much flow or B. My Magnesium and Calcium being a little too low (only a little bit though).

I bought a colony about 2 years ago and have had it disappear for months at a time, only to reappear larger and in multiple spots :huh:

I saw this on their site awhile ago as well.. sure it looks awesome but the saturation had been so obviously tampered with.

I then did some searching for "natural" pictures on the various forums/google images and there wasn't much at all.

The ones I did see make it look plain, and like all the other Xenia types.

I came to the conclusion that they weren't worth it.

Archived