SaltCritters.com

Are my AOG's actually AOG's or something else?

Mr. Microscope

Mr. Microscope

I got these zoas as AOGs, but I'm starting to think they are something else.

Here are some images of my AOGs(?). They are really really pink.

AOGsA.jpg

AOGsinquestion.jpg

The images on zoaid of AOGs look more wagon wheel like.

http://www.coralpedia.com/index.php?module...p;g2_itemId=651

I also found these:

http://www.coralpedia.com/index.php?module...;g2_itemId=1297

They look exactly like these.

Any opinions?

They look exactly like my AOGs did when they bleached:

This was after the skirts colored up a bit again, but at first the skirts were completely transparent

DSCN4964.jpg

Oh I see what you mean. It's hard to tell really from just a picture.

Mr. Microscope

Those skirts are much longer than mine and I'm pretty sure they are not bleached. I am running a PAR38 now, but they looked exactly the same under my 18 Watt PCs. Also, they don't have the striping that yours have. They're just pink.

Those skirts are much longer than mine and I'm pretty sure they are not bleached. I am running a PAR38 now, but they looked exactly the same under my 18 Watt PCs. Also, they don't have the striping that yours have. They're just pink.

Yeah the skirts grew longer after they recovered from bleaching. I have no idea why but they never did shorten up again. My current frag:

4512350385_05f3dd276c_o.jpg

There's so many variations of AoGs at this point that it's pointless to try and use pictures to identify them :shrug:

Mr. Microscope
They sure look like aog's to me :)

I thought so too, but every time I see pics of AOGs, they have a wagon wheel pattern. Mine don't at all. Does anyone have any AOGs that are all pink?

Does anyone think they might be those Goochsters (whatever those are. that's an even more ridiculous name than Zombie Eyes!)? Are Goochsters just a morph of AOGs that got their own name somehow?

Are Goochsters just a morph of AOGs that got their own name somehow?

Most likely, though I've never seen both side by side. I think a lot of morphs out there today are just variations of the same zoanthid. It's pretty ridiculous.

My AOG dont have the ring either and where bought from pacific east aquaculture. My Devils armore on other hand have dark rings and longer skirts

those are devil armors not aogs, not because the color but the stripping structure. aogs have lines that go to the center, da's are almost splattering with the black circle mouth

Mr. Microscope
those are devil armors not aogs, not because the color but the stripping structure. aogs have lines that go to the center, da's are almost splattering with the black circle mouth

Okay, so that's one for Devil's Armor. Anyone else?

I thought that Devils Armor had more of a pink ring around the edge rather than having the whole thing pink minus the mouth. The mouth on mine are white.

But, yes, mine don't have such distinct lines.

Mr. Microscope

Here is one more image for further analysis. NOTE: I did not adjust contrast or saturation of this image.

AOG4.jpg

Archived