ReefCleaners.org

Frogfish - Painted Angler - Pictus

howardchaz

Hey all -

My daughter asked me today if we could get rid of the frogfish and get a Nemo...so I'm throwing this out there to see if there is any interest.

I bought him from LiveAquaria.com WYSIWYG Divers Den and paid over a $150shipped. He's a great looking healthy specimen -You can see a pic of him in my avatar. Listed on LiveAquaria as 2.75" but he could be longer depending on how they measure. He's more roundish then anything, having the mass of about 1 and a half golfballs lol.

He is one of the coolest fish I have ever owned, during the day he pretty much perches amongst the corals but is careful and never irritates them- flips his angler now and then...and at night swims around. He may be compatible with other fish...he actually won't accept the sliversides if they're too big, so I cut them down to about 1.5" head to about mid gut and feed the remaining pieces to my Dendro and Duncans.

Will consider trading him for corals...a big fan of LPS...looking for Acans, torch coral, blastos, colorful Rics, sick zoas, scolys, etc....

Or make an offer...or will sell for $100 shipped depending on location/cost

This is tempting but if you really like him that much i think a 10 gallon tank would do just fine for a specimen tank. But would it a problem for 33782??

OMG decisions...decisions :unsure:

got2envy wanna share? we can take care of it every other week haha. make our decision easier lol

Hmmmm, I was just thinking about trading my Acan trio rock I have...

Strawberry Shortcakes, Red Mints, and PPE.......

I would trade for acans... Shipping is no problem as well usps overnight in the same packaging from liveaquaria...let me know

I've got some nice Acans I could trade and would love to have the guy, esp. since he's already trained to frozen.

My problem is I don't have a tank to put him in.

My 30g alrdy has a couple of fish in it and I don't want to get rid of them.

Bah.

I have the $$ my tanks all have small fish :(

my 40 long has a fu man chu lionfish, a small snowflake eel, green filefish and a royal gramma (getting moved out) I don't know if the fish I have in there are compatible with an angler...I read somewhere that they eat lionfish with no problems :unsure:

I would trade for acans... Shipping is no problem as well usps overnight in the same packaging from liveaquaria...let me know

I'll send you a p.m.

Wish I had caught this earlier. I just got a pictus for my BC14. And I paid about $20 more than you are offering to have it shipped....

Bah!

Someone needs to jump on this. Awesome deal.

Trade offer sent.

Wish I had caught this earlier. I just got a pictus for my BC14. And I paid about $20 more than you are offering to have it shipped....

Bah!

Someone needs to jump on this. Awesome deal.

Frogfish has been sold... Sad to see him go but at least now I can get a peppermint shrimp to eat some aiptasia ! Thanks 24NanoGuy !

Glad he found a good home...what an epic journey he went on,3000 miles I guess? Best of luck with him. Miss him already , but my daughter is happy with two new 'nemos':(

Oh and for the record...usps sucks.

Archived