Cultivated Reef

Chris' Minibow 7

ulver982

I just recently took down my 2.5 and put everything in my 7 gallon minibow. I've had this minibow for over 5 years that I've never used. I'm pretty sure you can't get these tanks anymore. I've always wanted to do something special with this tank and now was the time to actually make it into a reef.

It was hard for me to take down my 2.5 after having it up for almost 10 months. I absolutely loved that tank, growth was awesome and everything was happy. If I didn't have the minibow, I would still be keeping the 2.5.

I had some live rock in the minibow for about a month before moving everything over. I was surprised to see how much coral I actually had jam packed in the 2.5. Anyways here's the specs of the minibow:

Lighting - 12" LED fixture I was using on my 2.5. (12 LEDS, 6 white/6 royal blue)

About 9lbs of live rock

2 iceprobes mounted in aquaclear 20s

AC30 modded for a fuge with cheato

Koralia nano powerhead

Reefkeeper light

ATO

The 2 AC20's and the AC30 fit like a glove on the back of the tank.

I've started using Tropic Marin's Bio-Activ salt and so far my coral's really like it. Anywho here's a couple pics. It feels like I have so much room now for more corals :) Any suggestions on what fish I should get in here?

DSCF0923.jpg

DSCF0922.jpg

• 1 month later...

I started with a MB 7 way back in the day, this tank definitely sparks my interest. It looks good, Ill be following a along over the next few months to see what it turns into.

Archived