Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

New mod for LOUD HOB overflow. (Mod please move to DIY section)

fmfa0801

I have been having problems with my LOUD overflow box. Here is my overflow. http://www.aqueonproducts.com/products/hangon-overflow.htm

I tried air tube, Dusro, Stockman and Hofer Gurgle Buster with OK results. I have came up with the Cody Cup. This was ALOT quieter than anything I could find online for my tank. I spent about a total of 7-10 hours over the last few days trying to get my over flow quiet and using the cup method it took about 3 minutes .

Step 1 Get plastic cup

Step 2 Drill small hole in bottom of cup

photo3-1.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Step 3 put cup over sponge into overflow while tank is running.

photo2-1.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

photo5-1.jpg

Step 4 put edge of cup about 0.25-0.50" under the water inside the overflow box while running.

Step 5 enjoy :D

What do you guys think???

:) Glad that worked out for you. It's basically a Stockman standpipe, I like it.

I'm not sure if there is any chance that it can fall down and block the drain. If so, you might consider cutting out some inlets/legs so that the cup can rest on the bottom while allowing the water to flow through to the drain (looks like the prefilter prevents that from happening).

Cody Cup :lol:

:) Glad that worked out for you. It's basically a Stockman standpipe, I like it.

I'm not sure if there is any chance that it can fall down and block the drain. If so, you might consider cutting out some inlets/legs so that the cup can rest on the bottom while allowing the water to flow through to the drain (looks like the prefilter prevents that from happening).

Cody Cup :lol:

Yes the sponge stops it and its a tight fit. I had to squeeze the cup to get it into there. I have shut it off and turned on many times and its works every time. Ill just start selling them for $100 :P

• 3 months later...

Archived