Innovative Marine Aquariums

Chemi-Pure...who uses it?

scythe

Well I have been using it and it seems to do some good, but I really have nothing to compare it to. I notice that a lot of fine black soot collects around my tank whenever the chemi pure bag is moved or the flow changes ( i turn off the pumps ) Im starting to dislike this and i am getting worried that it is going to sit in my tank and leach back into the water. So what is everyones experience?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JayEeeTeeEss

I use elite.. make sure you give it a good rinse out of the tank before you put it in, most of the fine stuff will be removed.

Yours puts brown stuff in the water that's not good

Joke that's what I use

Its black..you dont get this?

I use elite.. make sure you give it a good rinse out of the tank before you put it in, most of the fine stuff will be removed.

I think it is elite, oh its been in there about 2 weeks.. I rinsed it out real well too. Its weird like you cannot see it in the water but it appears on the LR and especially on the sand.

I use it (Chemi-pure elite) and love it

What did it do for you?

Is it possible I tore the bag?.. hmm I never thought about that before.

i run filter floss and chemi pure elite

its a whole lot better then chemi pure

In what way though? How can YOU compare the two. Oh what difference have YOU seen.

I run elite.

I have to rinse mine for like 30 minutes in a bucket with like 5 batches of RODI water to get it clean.

I stopped a month ago, and now I run dual BRS which is pretty sweet

Crap i gotta head to class, NANO REEF IS TOO ADDICTING IM GOING TO MISS FINALS! Anyways, before I do go. Would there be any harm if i remove the bag and cut it open to separate it into smaller bags then rinse and put back... I would imagine just a small bit of bacteria would die off.

I've used Chemi-pure Elite in the past and it worked fine. I've since switched over to mixing my own carbon and GFO blend. It's more economical than purchasing bag after bag of Chemi-pure Elite. Saves a ton of cash.

Deleted User 6
Crap i gotta head to class, NANO REEF IS TOO ADDICTING IM GOING TO MISS FINALS! Anyways, before I do go. Would there be any harm if i remove the bag and cut it open to separate it into smaller bags then rinse and put back... I would imagine just a small bit of bacteria would die off.

there's no bacteria involved :huh:

In what way though? How can YOU compare the two. Oh what difference have YOU seen.

It has GFO...

I'm going to do the BRS bulk/build your own thing next time though. I run Elite, Purigen, and Floss.

there's no bacteria involved :huh:

uh wouldnt there be some bacteria colonizing on the bag that has been in my system for a couple of weeks?

I put in my tank and next day noticed a big difference in clarity, Very expensive to buy locally compared to carbon... looking to here from more people that have used both and switched. Also what is GFO blend?

I put in my tank and next day noticed a big difference in clarity, Very expensive to buy locally compared to carbon... looking to here from more people that have used both and switched. Also what is GFO blend?

It is very pricey, I have a big bag of carbon i could make my own mix with but i wanted to try the chemi pure. Also what is the BRS ?

It has GFO...

I'm going to do the BRS bulk/build your own thing next time though. I run Elite, Purigen, and Floss.

+1 use the same method.

I use Elite and love it. I also use Seachem Purigen and love that to. They both do the same thing, but I'm alfraid to take one of them out. My water and crystal clear all the time and don't know which one if keeping it that way.

Elite user here too... what I don't like about the product, is throwing it away every 2-3 months to swap for a new one. Makes it seem like such a waste.

Also what is the BRS ?

A reactor that you can run all this stuff in.

064-1.jpg

059-1.jpg

I have Purigen, CP Elite, and Floss in mine. Run by a little maxi jet pump. Flows pretty well in and out of my medium aquafuge2

OClownsandNanos

Wow Billdemart you're already all high-tech! I might consider that in the future as my teeny weeny whisper filter's not doing much and sometimes vibrates my glass. :( OP, check out bulkreefsupply.com. That's what "BRS" stands for. Which maxijet do you have running it?

In which order do you guys put your media in the filter?, I have Floss, Chemi-pure, Purigen then cheato, Is this ok or should I change the order?

Wow Billdemart you're already all high-tech! I might consider that in the future as my teeny weeny whisper filter's not doing much and sometimes vibrates my glass. :( OP, check out bulkreefsupply.com. That's what "BRS" stands for. Which maxijet do you have running it?

Not sure, for a while I had the Rio 400 pump on there, wasn't that great. I switched to this little pump and it's much better for some reason.

In which order do you guys put your media in the filter?, I have Floss, Chemi-pure, Purigen then cheato, Is this ok or should I change the order?

Chaeto

Chemi Pure Elite

Floss

Purigen

I'm about to change the order though to

Chaeto

Floss

Purigen

Chemi-Pure Elite

Archived