Coral Vue Hydros

omarelay17's 5.5 pico

omarelay17

Thanks to the mods of this contest I was able to join after I upgraded my 2.5 to 5.5, just had to drain some water for a semi-dry shot.

This is my third tank and my first 5.5 aga.

Tank: Standard 5.5 AGA

Lighting: Current 36w Dual Sattelite, 2 18w 50/50 bulbs UPGRADING: Either 20K PAR38 or 70w MH

Filtration: AC50 Fuge Mod, chemi-pure and filter floss

Heater: 50w Hydor Theo

Flow: Rio50

Corals:

20-25 Zoa/Paly Frags

Frogspawn

Devil's Finger Leather

Blue Cloves

Acans (Red/Green, Purple/White/Green)

Yellow Ricordia

4 Misc. Schrooms

Livestock:

CUC (3 Small Hermits, Nassarius, Bunch of Dwarf Ceriths)

Pom-Pom Crab

Dry Shot with standard coffee mug for size comparison

DSC01287.jpg

DSC01286.jpg

With Water, Live Rock, and Lighting

DSC01284.jpg

DSC01290.jpg

You can see up in the left corner my single head Duncan that won't open up for anything.

Nice start. Can't wait to see how the black sand works out over time. I have been debating black sand for a while now -- I've been chicken to try it so far.

I will get you linked up in the FTS thread and growerguy will get you linked up in the contest thread when he gets a chance to log back on.

I had black sand in my first tank then went to beige/regular sand in my second. Liked the black a lot more.

And I will get a pic of that shroom tomorrow.

Hey Hey, You are in my neck of the woods, kinda. You do realize that you have crap stores there in the Ville. The best one I found was across the river, across the parking lot from Bass Pro in IN. I went to the other 3 you have and was not impressed with any. I did get a smoking sweet green leather from Sally's for $20 bucks. Well I did the 2 for $30 deal, so technically, it was only $15. I am about 2.5hrs away but was up there a couple of weeks ago for a soccer coaches conference. Had to check out the local stores while I was there.

I am going to be doing black sand in my tank also. It will be the first time I have done black and am looking forward to it. Will have to get some pics up here soon. I have let my thread go for far too long without any progress. Unfortunately I am big into the local soccer league and this time of year is rather busy for us. Looking forward to seeing more from a fellow Kentuckian. Mark

like I thought, it's a rhodactis shroom. that one looks kinda annoyed by flow ;)

Try moving it into a place with lower light and low flow and see if it opens up fully. From what I see it can at least double in size in the right place!

The tank does look epic though :D

newman, thanks, just moved him. will check up on him later.

deep thief, where do you coach? I played for united forever, and ballard high school. had a few scholarships but threw them away to go party. what an idiot. and yea, not too many good shops here. i like aquatica on blankenbaker access, but i'll have to cross the river and check out the one across from bass pro.

give him a few days to relax. if it expands more-so than you've ever seen, then you know that's the place for it ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
shiver905

amazing.

Id go for the par38 light. Less on the elec bill. Corals looks nicer under LEDs . Maybe one bulb with higher optics to cover the whole thing?

Archived