inTank Media Baskets

Marius2's DOZEN gallon Nanocube

Marius2

I have been out of reefing for 6 years and I just couldn't ignore the itch any longer. I randomly purchased a 12 gallon nanocube last week and it finally came in last night. This will be a very slow build just because I am a lot more patient than I was 6 years ago and forgot how expensive this hobby really is. I plan on keeping this tank pretty plain and simple, mostly soft corals, maybe a candy cane, some zoas, various shrooms, ricordeas, and possibly a hammer with maybe a fish or two. Of course UPS would try and deliver my package 30 minutes before I would be home from work, so I had to wait till 8pm to pick it up from their warehouse which left me no time last night to do anything with it but check for leaks. Anyways I'll stop rambling and posted some photos, but there will be plenty more to come.

Waiting for me at UPS

IMG_8161.jpg?t=1267713268

Passed the leak test.

IMG_0956.jpg?t=1267713336

FTS

IMG_0958.jpg?t=1267713527

Hope yall enjoyed the pictures and plenty plenty more to come (soon I hope).

I like the tank. Looks like a good start!

Cool scape how many pounds of rock is that?

Added more rock yesterday.

IMG_1019.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Tank is a little over a month old now and never saw any sort of cycle. Added a CUC a week or so ago and felt it was alright to get some fish so went with a pair of false percs I got off of craigslist for $30.

IMG_0006.jpg

cheryl jordan

Very nice looking tank. I like the scape and the clownfish look great in there. I have this same tank with the BTA you see in my avatar. Wish I could put a MP10 in it.

I'm eager to watch how your tank evolves! I've had freshwater planted tanks for years, but have finally decided to do a saltwater tank, and have decided upon a nanocube. So I want to watch other people's cubes through their setup and early months, to help me out when I start. So post lots of info & pics! :)

• 4 weeks later...
How many snails in that CUC?

10 Dwarf Ceriths, 6 Nassarius Vibex, 2 Nerite Snails, 2 Florida Ceriths, and 3 Astraea Snails.

• 1 month later...

Archived