Life sand mixed with regular sand

16 lbs of live rock

5 astrea snails

3 blue leg hermits

1 Talbots Damsel

1 peppermint shrimp

Corals

-Pulsing Xenia

I will be adding more live rock I just wanted to get the biological cycle on its way and I saw some nice rock. Eventually fish and softies will be added. possibly a skunk shrimp. I will also be getting some rubble for the fuge. Will rubble that isn't live rock have the same effect for the fuge?

• 4 weeks later...

Added

-10 more pounds of liverock

-rubble for the fuge

-replaced pump with hydor koralia 400

But I am having problems with the koralia 400, the flow is so weak you can barely feel the flow when you put your hand in front of it, could it be busted or do I need to do something?

Heres an FTS and rockwork shot.

Picture_00510.jpg

Picture_0068.jpg

NEED HELP WITH THE KORALIA 400! ANY ADVICE?

ender wiggin

you should definitely be feeling something if you put your hand in front of the Koralia. I know I had one that wasn't working and I took it apart and cleaned it and now it works great. Maybe try that? If not, the motor might just be worn out.

What kinda of heater is that? I'm trying to find a heater that I can fit in my filter like that but all the ones i've found are too big.

sorry can't help with the heater, I bought it at a local fish store a long time ago and don't have the box. Its a fully submersible heater , you could always try putting two lower wattaged heaters in there so they would fit.

there are a couple of mods I have read for the K400 - involves cutting out some of the plastic on the front vent... From what you are describing though, it sounds more like it is just not working properly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
chucktdbm321

hey just to warn you... xenia, gsp, kenya tree and other soft corals grow like crazy! I made the mystic of putting GSP on one of my larger rocks and it completely over grew it and now i completely regret so just keep an eye out on that stuff especially xenia

• 6 months later...

Heres updated photos as of 11/27/2010:

I have only had slight problems with slime and hair algae as well as not replacing bulbs well. So I almost lost all of the coral and have seen little growth. And I also lost my pepermint shrimp. Other than that its a pretty happy tank. I love this six line wrasse I have, it has so much character it is by far my favorite fish I've ever had. Does anyone know how long Six lines live for? I want to keep this fish forever. Heres the fish, mushrooms, and chalice and some FTSs.

fishtank11282010013.jpg

fishtank11282010007.jpg

fishtank11282010008.jpg

fishtank11282010010.jpg

fishtank11282010001.jpg

fishtank11282010005.jpg

Archived