ReefCleaners.org

Cj's 20 long

fishieCJ

So about a week ago I got this new tank. and have been getting equipment for it (which is quite expensive) So when I got the tank I wasnt really supposed to get the tank. Me and my mom were just supposed to look at prices but we came across this 48" x 12" stand for $50! So we couldnt pass that up and then we snagged up the last 20 long they had. So we got it home and the first thing to do was decide on a filtration system. We decided on a sump. So first thing was to find a sump tank. we decided on my brothers 10 gallon that he had since he was 10 (hes 15 now) and didnt care about at all. so I got the sump baffled up but then forgot I need some type of overflow so I got the Glass-Holes Super Nano with teeth and the 3/4 return. Then I remembered i need a return pump (this is also where i remember this was going to be expensive) So thats where i am now wondering what return pump to buy. I need something the can push 300 GPH at 3 Foot head. I was thinking of the tamm 1400 (dont know the full name) any toher suggestions? So hear are some pictures to get this thread going.

Picture037.jpg

the FTS. the biocube light is to get some light on their for the cycle till i can get a proper light.

Picture038.jpg

the overflow box

Picture041.jpg

my protein skimmer

Picture040.jpg

and the FSS(full sump shot, is that even a term?)

Cj

Your going to want that inflow to go deeper in the sump, or put on a filter sock, or both. It is going to be loud like that. Also, what kind of light is that on the sump.

For a pump I would look into the Maxi Jet series of pumps. Eheim would be my first choice though.

Your going to want that inflow to go deeper in the sump, or put on a filter sock, or both. It is going to be loud like that. Also, what kind of light is that on the sump.

For a pump I would look into the Maxi Jet series of pumps. Eheim would be my first choice though.

Yah wel probably lower that inflow later but ill see what kind of sound i get when i get water going through there. But the water level in bu first chamber is almost to the rim because the hang on needs really high water. The light is what used to be on the back of my bio cube until i got an internal light to get this skimmer in there then it did not fit so it will do its job on this tank. The highest level maxijet is only 295 GPH and after head probably even lower.

Anyone have anything to say about the taam rio 1400 UL? Anything you have heard or experienced with this pump or any other taam pumps?

How would I go about reducing 3/4 to 1/2? Reducer bushing?

Go to Home Depot. There's plenty of options to get it to 3/4". Reducers, 1/2 to 3/4 elbows, etc.

Archived