Pod Your Reef

HighCurrent's Salty, Vortech'd, Drilled, Sumpped, 20 Long Nightstand!

HighCurrent

1. 2 All Glass 20 Longs
  2. Glass-holes.com 700GPH Overflow
  3. 250w Ebo-Jager Heater
  4. Rio 2100+
  5. Vortech MP10
  6. 150W Fishneedit.com MH with Phoenix 14K Bulb
  7. 200 Micron Filter Sock

Keeping it simple.

The tanks replaced my BC14. For today, just pics of the build and the first day of setup.

The rest of the pics from here on out will be taken with a "real" camera. lol.

1223091854.jpg

1223092029.jpg

1223092101.jpg

1231091406.jpg

0109001419.jpg

0118001529.jpg

0118001529a.jpg

0118001820.jpg

IMG_5765.jpg

IMG_5766.jpg

I like the rocks better as two islands, like in the cloudy pic, than as one big jumble in the center.

nice build, though.

Hey thanks! I liked it better that way too. You know how it is though i moved my rocks around for like 2 hrs and ended up with that. I really need to rescaped to a way i can keep it. Ive just been lazy lol.

Looks cool, please post some more detailed pics of the filtration.

Yeah I can do that no problem. Its just 18lbs of agranite, a filter sock, heater, cheato, the rio, and baffels. I did make space and a rack out of eggcrate. To keep in carbon, purigen, gfo, etc. If i ever wanted to use any of them.

Wow, I really like it. I agree with Jer about the two, rock islands but I also like the looks of minimal rock. I'm not big on tanks crammed full of rock.

How are you liking the FNI lights?

Wow, I really like it. I agree with Jer about the two, rock islands but I also like the looks of minimal rock. I'm not big on tanks crammed full of rock.

How are you liking the FNI lights?

I really like it! I was pleasantly surprised really. The reflector is kinda jank but, for the money you cant beat it. Except the stock bulb......ew. lol

Another vote for the islands (or against the pile). Looking good though!

Alright thats basically 4 to 0 if you count me. Lol thanks for talking a look!

Nice build.

Can I get some details on your stand. It looks very professional and expensive. Type of wood used?

Thanks,

I dont really know what details you want to know for sure. Its made of premium 2x4s and 3/4" and 1/2" MDF board. Thanks, did the best I could throwing something together. Its 2" bigger than the tank all the way around.

I'm actually really liking the pile of rocks...BUT i think you should just move it over a little bit to the left or right and then make another smaller island next to it. I do like the big island though....

honestly, i like the whole thing. looks awesome and can't wait to see how this grows!

Haha. I will condsider. For now its just stayin a big ole heap. I need someone to tell me how to setup this camera so I can get some really decent photos. I cant get what I want.

I have all my coral mounted now so Id like to get a few new good pics.

• 1 month later...

I like you style of aquascaping this tank. lots of open space and minimal rockwork. good job, i'm thinking it'll come out to look really nice once you've got all the frags you want and have them grow out.

GL!

Archived