ReefCleaners.org

ReefDreamz AIO Pico Contest 5g

ReefDreamz

My tank is being built by a member and it is taking FOREVER......So, until further a do...this will have to do....

It is being shipped tomorrow, so I should have it up and running by early next week...should be just in time for the 1st FTS....

Teaser:......5 gal....AIO....big hopes, small budget and looking for lots of fun!!!

It arrived: 1/25/2010 at 11:24am

028.jpg

COSTS

Hardware

Tank- $50

Bulkhead- $9

Hydor-Flo- $17

Lighting-

Livestock

Live rock/sand- $0, from display tank

Corals

TOTAL $ 76

FTS 2/21/2010

205.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
animalmaster6

:welcome: to the pico contest! Remember to put something in your tank for the FTS before the 25th!!!! Shirt, cap, etc.

I have to tell everybody this: It is EXTREMELY important!!!

You HAVE to put a FTS on the FTS thread every other Sunday. The FTS thread will be made on January 25, 2010 when you are aloud to add rock, sand, water, and life.

If you do not follow the directions correctly on the FTS thread or you miss a FTS you will de DQ'd.

Hlander, if u remember I asked if it was ok to be a day or so late as my tank was being built and shipped. You said it was ok. So.... My tracking shipment says due to arrive tomorrow. I will have pic up asap when it comes in

cheers

Very nice tank but i think your tank is a different version then mine. but good luck on the contest. I missed the dead line and plus this is for my new born daughter.

tagging along!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...got wet......LOL

Started with a 4 in sandbed....Hydor Flo decided it should be all on one side, so I took half it out..same issues...so what the heck...I have never had a barebottom....until now!!

Also, tried about 8 different aquascapes and didnt like any of them,,so I thought simpler was better..

Now this may change, heck I bet it does once I intro a few corals.....

All my rock and water came from my 40 gal, so I expect a small or maybe non existent cycle!.

What do you think??

205.jpg

Archived