Innovative Marine Aquariums

How to install Hydor Flo on Bio Cube 29?

ghostface17

I'm setting up my BioCube 29 and I purchased a Hydor Flo (Medium) to put on my return outlet. What's the best way to install? I read crazy glue, but need to confirm. It looks like I might be able to fit a small piece of tubing over the outlet and the Hydor to seal the connection.

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, first post. Finding this site extremely helpful. Thanks!

I got my Aquapod used, and it came with a rotating deflector but the glue looked terrible and I figured for maintenance I'd make something temporary. I used 1/2" vinyl hose and zip ties. Part of the hose over the outlet, part over the deflector, zip ties on both connections as tight as you can get them without breaking anything (pliers helped here). The deflector sticks out, but not too much and if I need to remove it, I can. I was planning to be preventative and soak in vinegar once a month or so, but this thing has been running non stop since September.

It's had its share of run-ins with snails, though.

Youtube

That seems like a much better approach. I've been reading stories where their deflectors have been giving them problems. This will allow me to go back to stock if need be. Good to hear a success story.

Thanks!

the flo comes with adapters... in fact, one that fits the BC29 return nozzle perfectly.

just pull off the duckbill (flared return nozzle) and put the flo in its place.

unless they've changed???

• 2 years later...

I just installed one on my new biocube 29 by using the largest adapter. It seems like it is slightly too large, but just get all edges of the adapter in the return tube and the push the last part in with a finger. It will be a tight fit, but that's what you want because you don't want it blowing off. Good luck!

Rollermonkey
the flo comes with adapters... in fact, one that fits the BC29 return nozzle perfectly.

just pull off the duckbill (flared return nozzle) and put the flo in its place.

unless they've changed???

Somebody must have changed something. None of the 5 adaptors in the box with my Hydor Flo fit my BioCube 29 HQI.

I've noticed some other small changes, such as no false floors in the back chambers and the back wall of the DT is higher than before. (A fish saver will no longer fit.)

Archived