Pod Your Reef

resowner's 3gal ADA mini S look a like

resowner92

Current Pic

DSC_0642.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone I am new to the SW game and to the forum. I have been keeping FW planted tanks for the past 2 years and have decided to try SW again. The first time I didnt have all my equipment at once and the final blow was when my clownfish died :( But this time I have everything... I think :happy:

Some of my planted tanks

(9gal)

DSC_0123.jpg

(9gal)

DSC_0400.jpg

(3gal)

DSC_0189-1-1.jpg

Old reef (7gal cube)

DSC_0328.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So for this tank

Equipment:

Tank- My fake ADA mini S

Light- Odyssea 13" 24W Power Compact Light Fixture w/ 50/50 bulb

Heater- Hydor THEO Heater 50 Watt

Powerhead- Taam Rio Plus 50 Powerhead/Pump

Filter- Modding an AC for a fuge

Salt- Instant Ocean

Livestock:

LR and LS

1- Yellow Neon Goby (coming soon)

1- Scarlet reef hermit crab

Corals:

Rainbow acan echinata

Today I finally added in the LR and LS

DSC_0467.jpg

Tell me what you think :)

looks good. the scape is simple. i say put the heater in the fuge though for a cleaner look.

on a side note; what is the small bush plants in the forground of your 9 gallon planted tanks?

looks good. the scape is simple. i say put the heater in the fuge though for a cleaner look.

on a side note; what is the small bush plants in the forground of your 9 gallon planted tanks?

I'm not sure if the heater will fit in my little aquaclear 30, I think I will have to upgrade it...

I think the plant you are talking about is either Downoi (Pogostemon helferi) or Riccia sp. Japan

ya i was refering to the downoi. the riccia i knew about due to almost starting a dart frog tank. i will have to get ahold of some the downoi for my planted 29 gallon.

Well with me being noob and all I have a couple questions.

1. What is the best way to cycle a pico? frozen shrimp, damsel (tank might be a little small), or just leave it?

2. How long are you supposed to have the lights on? 8-10 hours?

3. Is it possible to use my API test kit but just get the SW cards?

I hate rio pumps <_<

Why dont you like them? I know mine is a little noisy... <_<

Well with me being noob and all I have a couple questions.

1. What is the best way to cycle a pico? frozen shrimp, damsel (tank might be a little small), or just leave it?

2. How long are you supposed to have the lights on? 8-10 hours?

3. Is it possible to use my API test kit but just get the SW cards?

1. I'd leave it, time and patience will do the trick.

2. Depends on what you plan on keeping, it seems like most people keep them on for about that long (8-10 hours), I personally keep my photoperiod at 8 hours.

3. Not sure, I would probalby invest in a nice SW Reef Specific test kit though. Never hurts to have more tests on hand.

Nice! res has a reef :) its chase127 from tpt

i like the mini S... keep up on the top offs and you'll be good :)

Its nice to see familiar people on here :D Its just a matter of time until theres more lol. Thanks 4 the tip too.

oh, how do you like that aquatraders/odyssea light?

Its nice but my only problem is I hate the way the legs are. The screws should be on the other side imo. I have tried to put them on the other side but it doesnt work :(

DSC_0435.jpg

DSC_0431.jpg

Its nice to see familiar people on here :D Its just a matter of time until theres more lol. Thanks 4 the tip too

Its nice but my only problem is I hate the way the legs are. The screws should be on the other side imo. I have tried to put them on the other side but it doesnt work :(

Hehe yeah a lot of people are delving into the reef world :D

Those legs do look lame.. hang it pendant style ;)

Hehe yeah a lot of people are delving into the reef world :D

Those legs do look lame.. hang it pendant style ;)

I would agree with you but it took my dad quite a few times to finally drill the hole in the right place :P If I really wanted to I could put the light right on top of the tank because its an inch longer than the tank.

Added a scarlet reef hermit crab tonight which seems to be enjoying its new home. I added a couple prettier looking shells in the back.

DSC_0529.jpg

DSC_0546.jpg

pismo_reefer

mine made a LITTLE noise for awhile....

now I cant even use it.

mine made a LITTLE noise for awhile....

now I cant even use it.

The noise is gone for me now :D maybe you got a faulty one or maybe some sand got caught in the impeller?

Update!

Got my first coral! :D I also added a black background and put the AC on the tank. Now I just need to get some chaeto for the AC and this

Rainbow acan echinata

DSC_0628.jpg

DSC_0642.jpg

DSC_0634.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I think its time for an update. This tank has changed quite a bit from my last update.

I finally made up my mind that this tank will now be dedicated to zoas and rics only. So with that I had to get rid of my acan. I also modded my AC so the flow wouldnt be hitting my corals directly.

So first off new scape. I feel this looks more like a SW tank and I have plenty of places to put zoas

DSC_1009.jpg

Ric

DSC_1024.jpg

ID?

DSC_1025.jpg

ID?

DSC_1026.jpg

Nuc greens

DSC_1028.jpg

Still need to glue this one down I found some Aptasia on it and I think I cut it off but I couldnt really tell. But there is still no sign of it on it so I think I'm good.

DSC_1029.jpg

DSC_1018.jpg

Let me know what you think B)

Archived