Coral Vue Hydros

ATO For Picotope

fiction101

Good thread topic. I'd like to know as well. I'm going to probably do a float switch based ATO unless I can figure out how how mount a pet bottle to the picotope.

Mr. Microscope

I'm not sure about the size of the tube. ' Just some I found sitting around the lab. It is not really attached to the tank, but just kind of hangs there in place. I used one of the suction cups with a holder from my hydor 25W heater to keep it in place. I'll upload a pic later.

Another question...how did you get the little ball(s) out?

Edit: I cut off the tip off with an angle grinder. I'll be working on it more tomorrow.

Mr. Microscope

post-47492-1261491123_thumb.jpg

Here's an image of the hose hanging in the tank with the suction-cup holder thing to keep is in place.

Another question...how did you get the little ball(s) out?

Edit: I cut off the tip off with an angle grinder. I'll be working on it more tomorrow.

Those were tough to get out. I used a pliers and just kept working on the edges, slowly bending them outward. It took a long time, but they eventually came out.

And yes, please be careful when attempting this. The metal is very hard! I almost pinched my fingers a few times.

Just contact el fabuloso for ato. He has a very nice step by step process that works very well. Plus its fairly cheap. I love mine. I am using a 2 quart container. I have to refill once a week when I do a water change. Its great.

post-47492-1261491123_thumb.jpg

Here's an image of the hose hanging in the tank with the suction-cup holder thing to keep is in place.

Those were tough to get out. I used a pliers and just kept working on the edges, slowly bending them outward. It took a long time, but they eventually came out.

And yes, please be careful when attempting this. The metal is very hard! I almost pinched my fingers a few times.

I have two of those heater holders too. Good thinkin'!

I tried that at first and got annoyed so I just went to my buddy's house and ground the tip off. Took me a couple minutes...worth it! :haha:

Mr. Microscope
I have two of those heater holders too. Good thinkin'!

I tried that at first and got annoyed so I just went to my buddy's house and ground the tip off. Took me a couple minutes...worth it! :haha:

Nice! Good luck hooking it up. Remember, I found that 1L works fine for a weekend in the summer, but in the winter when it's drier, you'll either need to add another 500mL or make sure you're around to refill it. Also, you'll need to clamp off the hose when changing it if it isn't completely empty.

To mount it to the wall, I just put some screws in the wall and wrapped some wire around them. The metal pieces hook onto the wire and hold the bottle in place on the wall.

Nice! Good luck hooking it up. Remember, I found that 1L works fine for a weekend in the summer, but in the winter when it's drier, you'll either need to add another 500mL or make sure you're around to refill it. Also, you'll need to clamp off the hose when changing it if it isn't completely empty.

To mount it to the wall, I just put some screws in the wall and wrapped some wire around them. The metal pieces hook onto the wire and hold the bottle in place on the wall.

I hooked it up. I'm not sure how much it'll use per day, but I'll start monitoring it as of tonight.

I actually just bent the wire mounts and screwed them directly into the wall.

Pics of the build:

20567_226792691136_519406136_3150303_2873707_n.jpg

"Neutered" 32oz pet bottle and 1/2in (OD) x 3/8in (ID) x 10ft vinyl tubing.

20567_226794161136_519406136_3150304_4227502_n.jpg

Pet bottle mounted to the wall.

20567_226796996136_519406136_3150314_5221060_n.jpg

Tubing "attachment" point.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived