ReefCleaners.org

pink shelving?

Mr. Microscope

Mr. Microscope

Here's the pic.

be2dee1e.jpg

It's getting bigger and spreading. I kind of like it. Any thoughts? I checked all over but couldn't find what it could be.

Here's the pic.

It's getting bigger and spreading. I kind of like it. Any thoughts? I checked all over but couldn't find what it could be.

I have TONs of that in my tank,, I think it may be diatom or somthing. I don't know =/

cheryl jordan
Here's the pic.

It's cynobacteria part of the cycling process. Do not over feed if you are feeding your tank, increase flow if possible. Do a partial water changes and if it gets worse post again.

Mr. Microscope
It's cynobacteria part of the cycling process. Do not over feed if you are feeding your tank, increase flow if possible. Do a partial water changes and if it gets worse post again.

Thanks. Hopefully, I can get it under control. Do you think I could scrape it off, or will that just make things worse?

Mr. Microscope
The pink bits look like coralline.

@the red patches, just to be sure, try to feel it and see if it's slimy or not.

Well, I try not to stick my hand in there unless it has a glove on it (don't want to add my filth to the tank). So, generally if I want to touch something I use a small wooden probe. I lightly touched the plates and they are very delicate, but stiff. I don't think the red stuff is slimy, but its hard to tell since it is behind the shelves. Though, I have lots of deep red corilline and it looks similar (yes, I'm sure it's not tons of red cyano). I did find a patch of red cyano on a different rock and the color is close, but slightly more orange. Definitely different color.

If it is plating coralline, how big will it get? Or are there some out there that are VERY sure that it is cyano? If it is cyano, it should eventually go away on it's own right? I know it's probably nothing to worry about either way, but it's fun to know. :)

Archived