ReefCleaners.org

1/2 eagle eye zoas not opening

MikeTR

Let the fun begin.. It started off with two or three.. then more and more.. in the last week I've dipped them in Tropic Marin Pro Coral Cure twice following the directions on the box which seems like a pretty strong dip.. then dipped once more a few days later in 1 cup tank water and just a small squirt of the TMPCC. Not holding my breath on em.. sucks... paid $55 for this mini colony. I have a couple separate frags of them provided this crap doesn't spread all over. Seems to be just this one piece.. no others are sickly. These don't even really look that bad.. just not opening.

post-44828-1254890051_thumb.jpg

I have a mini colony of EE's identical to yours. For the last 3 days they have been really inconsistent. 1 day, all open, few hours later only half open, then all closed and back to all open. Weird....

Maybe they just need time?

I think 3 dips in a week is probably enough.. I put them in an area with a little bit more flow and we'll see what happens in a few days.

Well.. these have been banished to the IDFC 10G AGA where they can either toast away completely or survive. Most of them are still closed. Dipped them in revive last night as a last ditch effort. I think some will make it.

I'd try leaving them alone for a week or two. Some of my zoa's have done similar things after stress and it just takes some time for them to open and stay open regularly.

Yeah.. they will remain in the IDFC (I dont f'in care) tank :) untouched. It holds all my biocube rejects.. I've had so so luck overall with zoas.. back in April I had a bunch of colonies just melt away.. they started getting some brown stuff on them and it spread to all the zoas.. In a matter of a few days.. sayonara.. Did the iodine dip thing for those as well.. I was able to frag off a few of each and put them in a friends tank.. I have a few frags of these zoas that I had planned on selling..not now though as they'll have to become the mother colonies some day.

Yeah.. they will remain in the IDFC (I dont f'in care) tank :) untouched. It holds all my biocube rejects.. I've had so so luck overall with zoas.. back in April I had a bunch of colonies just melt away.. they started getting some brown stuff on them and it spread to all the zoas.. In a matter of a few days.. sayonara.. Did the iodine dip thing for those as well.. I was able to frag off a few of each and put them in a friends tank.. I have a few frags of these zoas that I had planned on selling..not now though as they'll have to become the mother colonies some day.

I've heard people say high calcium cause this as well...

mine are doing the same thing.. and i know my calcium is a lil high..

Archived