Coral Vue Hydros

New to Nano-Reef

TheChosenOne

Hello everyone, I'm new to the site and just wanted to say hello! ...not sure if this is the appropriate place for this post, but I suppose it can be moved by a moderator if need be. I've spent a little time with aquariums before by having two freshwater aquariums of my own as-well-as spending a few years working for a LFS (I promise guys, I'm not that bad). Anyway, I've recently started my very first saltwater aquarium and thought it best to join a forum such a this to gain some practical knowledge and get to know people in the hobby. I will try to make an update tomorrow with the specs of my new aquarium (maybe even a picture). I hope to get to know you all well and feel free to give me any advice you have on how this site works. Until tomorrow~ B)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry, the pictures are on their way! There's not much to see though since I've only had it set up for a little over one week.

Here's the list of all the equipment:

20gallon High Glass Tank

Single Piece Florescent Lighting

Coralife Super Skimmer (125gallon)

Koralia Water Circulation Pump #2

Instant Ocean Reef Crystals

Instant Ocean Hydrometer

Marine-Max 16ox

Arag-Alive Fiji Pink 20lbs

Stealth Heater 100W

Digital Aquarium Thermometer

Purple Up 16oz

Marineland Aqua Timer

Three Live Rocks (2medium, 1small)

One Hawaiian Feather Duster

Four Blue-Legged Hermit Crabs

One Snail (Not sure what type)

TheChosenOne

I'm going to try and find some good live rock from a LFS (as to save on shipping), but in case I end up ordering my rock online: Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Welcome to "Neno-Reef"! :happy:

Neno-Reef? :huh:

sealifeinc.net and pacificeastaquaculture.com are two good sites. The sealife (florida) rock has a lot of diverse life.

Neno-reef is what's in your thread title. ;) To change that, go to the first post, select edit, then full edit.

TheChosenOne

Haha I didn't even realize my own typo! Now I have to leave it :D Thanks for the links, I will check them out.

TheChosenOne

I'm starting to agree with you guys about the background. I think I may have some black\blue background somewhere I can put up until the algae catches. I really like that reefcleaners.org rock too...maybe I can just get about 20lbs of it and seed it with a nice fiji rock from the LFS? I'm going to make a visit today and see what they have.

After you get all that rock you're going to have to start the arduous task of aquascaping! Good luck, let us know how it goes at the LFS with the rock :)

Archived