inTank Media Baskets

Pisces' 4th - 37g hex

pisces4u

Started yet another system (our 4th) up this weekend. The woman loves mushrooms wih a passion and I've been promising her a mushroom tank for a while. Plus, after we move over her sizeable collection from the 50g, I'll have more space for my fav's.

The tank is a 37g hex that we found on CL for free. Picked up a 24" t5ho in a trade for frags. The rock was $$$ tonga branch but since everything else was free it's not too bad. It's cycling now with just a ac70 + floss for flow and filtration.

Here's a 3 was FTS.

hexfts0909.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Moved over all the mushrooms from the 50g this past week. It looks pretty cool! Reminds me of something from LoTR.

37g mushroom hex FTS (front)

37gfts100109.jpg

Bottom left detail.

lshrooms100109.jpg

Center detail.

cshrooms100109.jpg

Bottom right detail.

rshrooms100109.jpg

Thanks for looking!

redkneecoral

that hex looks awesome.

I love mushrooms so much too, that why i have lots of them in my tank.

I really love those bright red mushies, i would love to get my hands on a couple of them.

Whats the blue coral in the bottom pic in the bottom right corner, I like it.

We discussed seahorses but she likes Mandarins better so that's what we're going with when it's time.

The bright red shrooms are called "Flame shrooms" in our LFS/reefing community. They are very common but shops all charge a premium.

The blue rock on the right side pic is a grapefruit sized rock covered in blue clovers.

redkneecoral

man i sure would lovwe to get my hands on one or two of those flames. If you ever wanna sell one or two, plz do keep me in mind.

I thought that was a clover, but I had never seen a blue one, was told about it though.

Those mandrins are awesome, i have 2 of those, but not in the same tank

• 1 month later...

I've been commanded to do an update!

We've added several new mushrooms, some pretty sick I have to admit. Some are still too small to even photograph lol but here are some of the larger ones.

FTS 11/22/09

mroomfts112209.jpg

'Shroom heaven

rho112209.jpg

greenrho112209.jpg

blurho112209.jpg

florida112209.jpg

Militant Jurist

That's a cool looking mushie tank! I might have to do the same thing some day... the mushrooms in my 20L are going wild, and something needs to be done about it! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived