SaltCritters.com

Emergency ID

CallMeDrLove

thats the weirsest thing i have ever seen on this site i have no idea but get it out...lol maybe the baby aliens getting ready to jump on your face...lol

did you just put the chaeto in there (might have come in with the chaeto)???

any un-explained blackouts???

did you remember any flashing lights last night???

any new cuts/incisions on you???

i like the alienz idea, fiddly...

I removed it and now it's growing back...the chaeto has been in the tank for a couple weeks now. Nothing new added before this happened. And unfortunately that's the clearest pic I could get.

Let me rephrase. I took whatever it was out and now there's more of it. I think I'm going to take my chaeto out that's where it seems to be coming from.

So I took the chaeto out and it was filled with this stuff. I rinsed it out and put it back in there for now. Unless I'm mistaken, this shouldn't actually be coming from the chaeto. Perhaps whatever it is just got caught by it since the chaeto does act like a particulate filter.

Is there a chance this came from the mangroves? I actually noticed a little slime last night on the mangroves' roots, but didn't think anything about it. That was the first place I saw anything like this.

i would take all those items out and rinse them with fresh water. it won't hurt them. mangroves tend to buils a slime on them, but it shouldn't look like that stuff in your chaeto. rinse them in freshwater, or let it sit in fw for an hour.

Maybe it is some type of Salp, they essentially look like a colonial bag of snot... lol

If you could have gotten a clear picture, I know a marine biologist that could have given a better idea of what it was.

I have a clearer picture, I just don't have a USB cable to transfer it from my camera to my computer lol. Whatever it was, it coated the entire surface of everything in my tank in slime, including the rock and the walls of the tank. It's everywhere. I'm siphoning it out as fast as I can, but it doesn't seem to be going away.

Edit: I believe whatever this picture was of, that caused all the slime that covered everything else. Oddly enough nothing seems to be bothered by the slime other than the fact that it looks awful.

Archived