SaltCritters.com

Any Interest in a SW Planted Tank Forum?

Weetabix7

After some discussion from this thread today- http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=209304&hl=

I started thinking it might be a cool thing to get a SW Planted Tank Forum going.

There are SO many more cool and unusual Macroalgaes out there than most ppl are aware of.

Check out this tank for a cool example of a nice SW Planted Tank:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...mp;pagenumber=1

I know that there have been several ppl lately who have been getting Display Refugiums started, myself included.

How much interest do you guys have in this sort of thing?

How many of you currently have or are thinking of starting either a SW Planted tank or a Display Refugium?

I also think it would be cool to get a Macroalgae trade going.

If there's enough interest, I wouldn't mind organizing that.

Following is a list of people who have expressed interest:

Me/Weetabix7-- Currently planning a Display Refugium

organism-- planning a Macroalgae and Sponge Pico

Dhaut-- just started a Display Refugium

NotTheFace-- has a Macro Dominated tank

Professor-- is working on changing his Refugium to a Display Refugium; planning a small SW Planted Tank

HeyLookItsCaps-- Hopefully going to help Ozid make a Planted Display out of an AIO

Militant Jurist-Considering adding a 10g Display Refugium to his 29g

AdriftQuasar- Interested in possibly setting up a SW Planted Pico

jm82792-Very interested in setting up a SW Planted Tank

Smurf-- Wants to turn their 5g Fuge into a Display Refugium

carbon-mantis-- Planning a mixed Macroalgae/Soft Coral Tank

n0rk-- Planning a Display Refugium

mnherper-- Has a 14g SW Planted tank and is planning another Macroalgae dominated tank

PBUEHH-- Planning to set up a Macro dominated tank next year

zjharva-- Is incorporating Macroalgae into their tank

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 6

I'm totally in. 100%. I'll even be the first to say I've got stuff I can trade.

get it started weets! I'll post all my macros with pics in the next couple days.

After some discussion from this thread today- http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=209304&hl=

I started thinking it might be a cool thing to get a SW Planted Tank Forum going.

There are SO many more cool and unusual Macroalgaes out there than most ppl are aware of.

Check out this tank for a cool example of a nice SW Planted Tank:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...mp;pagenumber=1

I know that there have been several ppl lately who have been getting Display Refugiums started, myself included.

How much interest do you guys have in this sort of thing?

How many of you currently have or are thinking of starting either a SW Planted tank or a Display Refugium?

I also think it would be cool to get a Macroalgae trade going.

If there's enough interest, I wouldn't mind organizing that.

YAY!!!!!!!!!! :lol::D:lol:

How many members here have macro-dominant tanks? Any questions related to refugiums or growing macro already have a home in the biological filtration section - says it right there in the subtitle. ;)

How many members here have macro-dominant tanks? Any questions related to refugiums or growing macro already have a home in the biological filtration section - says it right there in the subtitle. ;)

I know of several ppl that are starting some.

I've been seeing a lot more of this recently, but the information for those of us who are trying this just isn't as available.

Right now I'm just trying to test the waters to see how many ppl are genuinely interested in this and how many ppl already have tanks of this nature.

Kinda like when we got the Biotopes Forum going.

Even if we don't end up with a separate Forum out of this, maybe we could get some good Planted/Macro tank information shared in this thread.

Who knows, just wanted to see where it would go. :)

As ppl continue to post that they are interested, could you also possibly post whether you are:

Planning a Planted/Macroalgae tank

Currently an owner of a Macro dominated tank

Interested in possibly putting together a Macro Dominated tank

This will give us a better picture of exactly what kind of interest exists.

I will edit my first post with a list of everyone as answers come in.

So far I know we have:

NotTheFace-- has a Macro Dominated tank

Professor-- is working on changing his Refugium to a Display Refugium; planning a small SW Planted Tank

HeyLookItsCaps-- Hopefully going to help Ozid make a Planted Display out of an AIO

Militant Jurist-Considering adding a 10g Display Refugium to his 29g

As ppl continue to post that they are interested, could you also possibly post whether you are:

Planning a Planted/Macroalgae tank

Currently an owner of a Macro dominated tank

Interested in possibly putting together a Macro Dominated tank

This will give us a better picture of exactly what kind of interest exists.

I will edit my first post with a list of everyone as answers come in.

So far I know we have:

I have macro centric tank, but it's still a work in progress, I should have some new macros in October.

I am interested. I am in the process of pruning my fuge back and getting more macro variety to make it a display fuge.

I am also planning a small SW planted display.

-Prof

Militant Jurist

Awesome idea! I love the sub-specialty idea. :D

Once my 29 is up and running, I'm thinking about adding a second 10g to the system and running it as a display refugium.

Weetie, see what you've gone and done? :P

i am sure if you pm'ed pledosophy he would chime in when the forum is setup. you see him pop up on all the macro forums. is eklikewhoa still here? his tank is awesome too.

I have a picotope I have been meaning to do something with for a long time now and a planted saltwater pico sounds like it would be low-maintainence and generally awesome.

I'm dying to do one since I have access to lots of sweet macro but coral around here is very limited.

In about a month I'm going from a 20 to a 55, the 20 will be used for macro and seahorse pair will be kept.

A planted SW forum sounds nice and may cause more people to consider doing one.

ive always kept a macro tank in some form or another.....never know when you need some macro

it can be as simple as a bucket full of cheato, to an actual set up.....

sometimes i make them presentable......most of the time they are just a tank to banish things to....usually not connected....

kind of a trash can for me really......if it gets a water change, its old tank water, sometimes i top it off...sometimes with RO sometimes w/ straight tap......

they grow like crazy if you dont care what they look like....i dont even clean the glass...my snails love it

im rockin polifera and cheato right now in a 2.5.....i might up grade to a 5.5.....not motivated enough to yet

i banish frags i dont want anymore and dont wish on other people.....i had one covered in bryo.....kinda dyin off now.....hope the zoas make it.....

oh and its been weeded recently.....it was full.....

post-23358-1253193067_thumb.jpg

Archived