Pod Your Reef

Bob21115's 3 gallon JBJ picotope

bob21115

I bought a 3 gallon JBJ Picotope a few months back and finally got around to setting it up.

Here are the pictures

pico1.jpg

pico2.jpg

I drilled the bottom for a 1" bulkhead and plumbed it to the basement sumps.

I also drilled the back for a 1/2" bulkhead for the return.

I painted the back glass (on the outside) with black Krylon spray paint from Walmart.

I built the little stand out of some wood I had laying around the basement. Its only purpose is to raise up the tank and hide the 1" hose from the overflow.

The live rock is zipped tied to a CPVC structure I built while watching TV last night.

Lighting the tank is a 2 8 watt Coralife CF lights.

I spend most of tonight trying to use a router to make a top for it. After 6 or 7 messed up pieces of acrylic I finally got a top I'm happy with for now.

I have no idea what going into the tank.

I have 3 possibilities:

1. 1 of the 3 Mantis Shrimp I have in the basement sumps in critter catchers.

2. 2 YellowHead jawfish, coral and a few sexy shrimp or a harlequin shrimp pair.

3. Dwarf seahorses, Dwarf pipefish and coral.

I'm leaning towards 3

I like the top, looks well made.

Thats really cool its plumbed into the rest of your system, makes it super stable.

You should get a better light first off, then give me any extra mantis shrimp you don't want haha ;)

Edit: Dwarf seahorses would be really sweet. They almost always need live food though so be prepared for that. What pipefish were you planning on keeping?

Got enough game consoles??? :P

I like the top, looks well made.

Thats really cool its plumbed into the rest of your system, makes it super stable.

You should get a better light first off, then give me any extra mantis shrimp you don't want haha ;)

Edit: Dwarf seahorses would be really sweet. They almost always need live food though so be prepared for that. What pipefish were you planning on keeping?

Got enough game consoles??? :P

Light is a temp. Its better than the stock light. Looking into getting the eco-lamps LED fixture.

I was going to do the dwarf pipefish and dwarf sea horses from florida. I had some in a 20 gallon a while back. The live food issue is the only thing holding me back. They ate the Live Baby Brine.

• 4 months later...

Archived