Coral Vue Hydros

Free Frogspawn

The_Yellow_Pony

The_Yellow_Pony

So, I went to the LFS tonight to pick up some snails for my diatoms and something ridiculous happened....

Well, to set the scene, my LFS was celebrating their 2 yr anniversary this weekend....The same time it was my birthday(sunday),

Well, I know the guys there pretty well and I have been frequenting the store. I have been eyeing up this frogspawn but, being patient and not buying it.

Well, apparently while I was distracted....someone decided to put a mystery bag in my car(only a few individuals know I leave it unlocked).

So, upon arriving back at my car, and heading home, I saw a bag that I didn't remember putting there. The contents.... the frogspawn I have been eyeing for the last week or so. No note, no anything.

I am not at a crossroad....risk acclimating it to my old, neglected tank....or risk acclimating it to the new, not fully cycled tank. I think both will be equally stressful....

Any thoughts?

If you're that close with the store see if they can hold it for you until your tanks ready. If they gave it to you for free I'm sure they'd hold it for you no problems.

Store or fellow reefer. Or if you are really worried send it to me :)

Also the title is misleading, I thought I was getting a free frogspawn haha.

The_Yellow_Pony

Unfortunately, they are closed for the evening. *hangs head*.... I would love to have them hold it and if it was who I thought it was....I'm going to strangle him the next time I see him....

I worry about putting it in the old tank for several reasons.........

-it has been neglected...bad(long,long,long story)

-the bulbs are shot

-The new tanks, water parameters are about 100x better than the old tank.....see my thread for details on the cycle.....

I figured I would get some fast responses with the title ^_^

Store or fellow reefer. Or if you are really worried send it to me :)

Also the title is misleading, I thought I was getting a free frogspawn haha.

Yeah, where's my free frogspawn? :P

I would say put it in your new tank, feed it make sure calcium and everything is fine. Hey if it starts to look bad take it back to the store when they are open.

The_Yellow_Pony

apparently my attention getter worked...

I don't know any local reefers

I like your thinking Jacob...that was my line of thought as well

Thanks everyone for your quick response!

I will post updates in my tank thread.

Frogspawn are hardy...

Chances are whichever tank you put it in it'll make a quick recovery...

Ya I did that with some duncans, and they are doing awesome, I just feed them these little protein pellets every day and they are doing great. Just keep your params in check and I bet you can make it work. Frogspawn are pretty tough corals. They are hard corals so they need higher amounts of light so have them closer to the top if they are under stock bc29 lights. I think anyway (about the lights) so don't quote me on that.

The_Yellow_Pony

I will keep everyone posted... I am acclimating them under actinics only to try and cut down stress... I have been keeping a close eye on my params as it is so everything should....in theory.....be good to go.

The_Yellow_Pony

Alright, floated for about 35 mins... it expanded almost right away:

100_3305.jpg?t=1244075114

Time to watch closely.

Great looking frogspawn, those purple / green mixed ones are my favorite. Great LFS store you have there too! Good luck with the new tank

The_Yellow_Pony

Thanks... the new tank has been doing wonderfully so far....It seems to be cycling very fast as well.... so, I'm hoping the frogspawn does well.

Great looking frogspawn..... Great LFS store you have there too! Good luck with the new tank

+1

I'd go buy something from them tomorrow as a way of thanking them (or maybe you've bought plenty which is explains the gift?)

The_Yellow_Pony

They def. have my business. I got a xenia frag from them as well stuck in the LR I got.

In the light pic:

DSC07032.jpg?t=1244077133

Nice. I hope it works out. Just basically doing everything you can to keep your tank stable and that coral fed lol.

Archived