SaltCritters.com

New 20" Sunpod 150W w/Cree LEDs and new Phoenix 14k bulb- $300 shipped

bschook5

brand new 20" Sunpod 150w with the stock 14k bulb and a Phoenix 14k bulb as well. It has the stock moonlight LED's and I also have added 6 Cree Royal Blue 3watt hi powered LED's for actinics, they add quite a bit of blue and it has a potentiometer so you can dim them down some if you want to get the color just how you want. The Cree LED's are mounted between the normal moonlight LED's. Also comes with the hanging hardware kit.

The MH Ballast which is usually internal I took out to make room for the LED heatsinks so it would have to be mounted externally.

Both MH bulbs have only been fired a couple of times

325$ shipped

New Sunpod is 250$

Phoenix 14k bulb is 50$

and the LED's cost me about 100$ to add.

I can post up some pics tonight.

I was going to setup an Aquapod 24 but then decided not to and this is the light I was going to use.

300$ shipped.

brand new 20" Sunpod 150w with the stock 14k bulb and a Phoenix 14k bulb as well. It has the stock moonlight LED's and I also have added 6 Cree Royal Blue 3watt hi powered LED's for actinics, they add quite a bit of blue and it has a potentiometer so you can dim them down some if you want to get the color just how you want. The Cree LED's are mounted between the normal moonlight LED's. Also comes with the hanging hardware kit.

The MH Ballast which is usually internal I took out to make room for the LED heatsinks so it would have to be mounted externally.

Both MH bulbs have only been fired a couple of times

325$ shipped

New Sunpod is 250$

Phoenix 14k bulb is 50$

and the LED's cost me about 100$ to add.

I can post up some pics tonight.

I was going to setup an Aquapod 24 but then decided not to and this is the light I was going to use.

Sweet DIY with the CREEs. Do you have lenses on the Crees? and how wide of coverage do you get with the leds

and i saw that it was asked before but do you have any posts on how you did that?

Thanks for your time and help.

The sunpod has been sold...

No they dont have lenses on them, they should provide great coverage w/out any lenses on them.

I basically just mounted 3 led's on a small heatsink. Then drilled three holes for the LED's in the middle of the stock moonlights and just mounted the LEDs and heatsink to the backside.

I had to remove the ballast to make room for the heatsink though.

How hard was it to relocate the ballast? Anything extra needed?

Not hard at all. Its just got some metal brackets holding it in that you remove and then the ballast just comes out. Its got four wires (two for power, and two going to the bulb) that you will have to extend to wherever you remotely mount the ballast.

Archived