Pod Your Reef

POLL.. Need input on aquarium controller display screen

hcsceo

Do you care to see date and time on the main screen of your aquarium controller when you glance at it?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care to see date and time on the main screen of your aquarium controller when you glance at it?

• Yes
    • No

This is my first poll so I hope I did it right.

Of all the information an aquarium controller can give you, do you find Date and Time important when you glance at your screen?

Finally, what information do you find important to see at first glance? (just reply this information)

We have limited space on a screen for an aquarium controller build and would like your input as to what you find important to see at a glace.

dont care much about date but want to see time to make sure its running at the correct TIME

markymarks

Time and Date is a waste, its just another thing to figure out how to set and give me a headache.

I would like to see temp at first glance.

dont care much about date but want to see time to make sure its running at the correct TIME

+1... Temp and pH would be my choices for the display.

not_sponsored

If you can it would be nice, since you don't want your controller clock running slow or fast, you can cross check it with your watch or another clock.

Goofball310

Hmmmm, what I'd like to see at first glance?

12" full color touch LCD screen

Temp, ph, ORP, Conductivity

oh and I forgot the the Playoffs.

Seriously, pH and Temp are probably the most important when you first look at the screen. Date and time are really only necessary when data logging.

SmittyCoco

Not so much date , but time. For a correct run. Also Temp and PH ! For luxury conductivty and orp.

Militant Jurist
Yes, unless it will cost more.

+1

Although, time would be very nice, with the day being more optional.

I voted no because I think there are better things to do with the default LCD real estate... Like pH, temp and salinity.

It would be nice to be able to toggle a time/date view when using the menu to set a light timer though.

Date would be nice also ph, temp, nitrate, salinity, and calucim.

Date would be nice also ph, temp, nitrate, salinity, and calucim.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Time, Temp, Ph. How about a trend arrow next to each parameter?
This is an older thread, but I like the idea of a trend arrow next to the temperature and pH.

I'm totally in agreement with Fosi, pH, temp and salinity are the ones I'd be considered about knowing the capabilities of the intended unit's design. Time and date would only really be useful for logging situations, and ensuring your controller is running at the correct time as far as I can see.

Being able to configure what items are displayed via an alternate interface would also be good. That would allow any additions to the unit to be included as needed by the owner...

• 1 month later...

Time

Temp

pH / Trend arrow

Salinity

Phosphate / Trend arrow (no need for Nitrate/Nitrite as Phos is a better end-point indicator)

Calcium / Trend arrow

dKH / Trend arrow

This is my first poll so I hope I did it right.

Of all the information an aquarium controller can give you, do you find Date and Time important when you glance at your screen?

Finally, what information do you find important to see at first glance? (just reply this information)

We have limited space on a screen for an aquarium controller build and would like your input as to what you find important to see at a glace.

Archived