Innovative Marine Aquariums

New 14G BioCube

Karatetag

Hi everyone, Im brand new to the forums and would love to get as much information as i can before starting it up. Ive read countless posts from all over the internet about modding the biocubes to increase the efficiency all around. I am not planning on upgrading the lights because i only plan on keeping soft corals. I will most likely take the bio balls out and replacing with LR and ive also heard many people using submersible lights and keeping chaeto in their as well. I want to know whats the best way to have chamber 2 set up. I also plan on replacing the stock pump with a maxijet 900 but have just read that they do not fit very well in the chamber? Last i plan on throwing a heater in as well but heard some heaters do not fit well in chamber 1. Any suggestions are welcome. Please help a fellow out. Thanks in advance and i anxiously await your replies!

Welcome to the "BC14 club", there are many great resources available in the All-in-One forums.

I use the 50W Theo Heater in my BC 14 in chamber one, it fits without removing the false floor. Here's my setup for the back chambers:

Chamber 1 - Stock Filter Removed, 50W Theo Heater

Chamber 2 - Bio Balls Removed, Chemi Pure Elite & Purigen

Chamber 3 - No Change, Temp Probe (clean sponge with every water change)

Good Luck!

Welcome to the "BC14 club", there are many great resources available in the All-in-One forums.

I use the 50W Theo Heater in my BC 14 in chamber one, it fits without removing the false floor. Here's my setup for the back chambers:

Chamber 1 - Stock Filter Removed, 50W Theo Heater

Chamber 2 - Bio Balls Removed, Chemi Pure Elite & Purigen

Chamber 3 - No Change, Temp Probe (clean sponge with every water change)

Good Luck!

Haha thanks! I was also thinking LR for chamber 2. How does your tank do with the chemi and purigen?

Can't wait to see your tank setup.

..I also go to coral connections too. What a nice store they have and good corals.

I have also found a guy that's about 45 min away from SRQ his name is Glenn and he has a website called http://www.gtaquatics.com/ I usually drive up there and pick up the coral myself. He has very good prices too. Check it out

welcome and check out my old 14 gal biocube in my sig below for ideas

Dude ive looked at yours i think first and learned alot through your thread. That was some tank you put together!

Can't wait to see your tank setup.

..I also go to coral connections too. What a nice store they have and good corals.

I have also found a guy that's about 45 min away from SRQ his name is Glenn and he has a website called http://www.gtaquatics.com/ I usually drive up there and pick up the coral myself. He has very good prices too. Check it out

Yea love coral connection, they are awesome. I'll check out that site also. He closer to tampa im guessing? Also where do you go for those snails you found?! siesta? hah Im surprised they didnt harm your tank at all. Ive heard multiple stories of people bringing things from the ocean to their tank and being disastrous. Maybe we can grab a drink sometime man, what year you graduate and where?

Yea love coral connection, they are awesome. I'll check out that site also. He closer to tampa im guessing? Also where do you go for those snails you found?! siesta? hah Im surprised they didnt harm your tank at all. Ive heard multiple stories of people bringing things from the ocean to their tank and being disastrous. Maybe we can grab a drink sometime man, what year you graduate and where?

I got the cerith snails from point o rocks and the nasarius snails up by mote marine area. They seems to be fine in my tank lol. My other buddy actually has sold some to people on some other forum.

I graduated from Riverview in 07. What about u? And ya we could grab a drink some time....Well I'll be legal in 4 months.

You need to get some pics up of the tank soon.

Haha well my friends probably havin a party this weekend. Unless you got a fake id hah. Thats tight though, my girl graduated from riverview in 08. I graduated in 06 from lakewood ranch hs. Ill have to take you up on some of those nasarius snails, or just find a bunch myself hah.

Haha well my friends probably havin a party this weekend. Unless you got a fake id hah. Thats tight though, my girl graduated from riverview in 08. I graduated in 06 from lakewood ranch hs. Ill have to take you up on some of those nasarius snails, or just find a bunch myself hah.

Ya they are easy to find... You just need a low tide...And not having wind helps too.

I work at The compound boardshop right there on University... Near Bj's wholesale....I dunno if u ever have herd of it.. But there are a few in srq..I work at all of em.

Karatetag
Ya they are easy to find... You just need a low tide...And not having wind helps too.

I work at The compound boardshop right there on University... Near Bj's wholesale....I dunno if u ever have herd of it.. But there are a few in srq..I work at all of em.

Yea i def know where that is man, I work for 105.9 The Buzz which is a rock alternative station. You may have heard of us before. But i just got the biocube in today, set it all up within the past few hours and just waiting for my girl to come in and be surprised. Im guna start a thread of the life of it. Ill post the link later

Haha thanks! I was also thinking LR for chamber 2. How does your tank do with the chemi and purigen?

I use the smallest Purigen and it has helped keep my Nitrates at zero. Since I've added fish (and feeding, waste, etc) I added the small Chimpure Elite and I've notice the scum at the top of the water is gone. I think I tend to overfeed and the combination of these two keep my Nitrates/Phosphates in check.

Archived