Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kokesh's 55g FOWLR

soco

I tried saltwater about 5 years ago with some bad results. I'm not going to bore you with all the mistakes I made, but a few years later and many hours of reading I tried again.

Well I started this tank about a year ago. Let's see where to begin it's a 55g display with a 55g sump.

A message to the tang police-If at any time you start to feel light headed, just look away and the feeling should subside.

here it is...I use to have a 125 gallon cichlid tank but that decided to leak when I was out of town. So now my wife said the biggest tank I can get is a 55g haha we will see about that...

fishtank001.jpg

Fish list

Yellow Tang

Hippo Tang

P. clown

Royal Gramma

Banner

Cleaner shrimp

Emeral crab

Emeralcrab.jpg

fishtank015.jpg

fishtank026.jpg

Here is a pic of some tube worms. They just start growing on everying. I don't think they are bad...

tubeworms.jpg

fishtank022.jpg

fishtank011.jpg

I've got my sump under my stairs. I use a filter sock 2 250w heaters and a prizm skimmer(still needs to get upgraded) in the first chamber. My return pump in the middle and at the end I was going to have a fuge but my cheato kept dying. So now it is just full of live rock.

sumproom.jpg

sump-1.jpg

sideheaters.jpg

sidereturnpump.jpg

reactor.jpg

I do a water change every week of course. I do the water changes in the first section of my sump. With this setup it is pretty easy to do a 12 gallon water change. I have a 18g rubbermaid container that my ro/di water filter auto fills right next to the sump. I mix the water and salt right inside the sump.

topheaters.jpg

topliverock.jpg

I had to add a gallon of top off water a day and that got old. I got a top made for my sump and now I add a half a gallon a day. I'm pretty happy with that amount.

Well that's about it.... I welcome all questions and comments.

I will leave you with a picture of my dog Ellie.

ellie.jpg

I like it. My garage is on the other side of the wall from my tank. I wish I could build a small room to keep a huge sump but I don't think its worth the trouble. Your lucky you have a place you can do that.

i did not see a light for your chato? possable reason its dieing, as for stocking it, its your tank you got to look at it stock it with wat you want!!!!!but clean tank tho dude

Archived