Coral Vue Hydros

got2envy's AP24

got2envy

So I got a AP24 for a great deal from a local reefer in my club $25 I really liked the 10g contest tank but it was a bit small for my liking...I actually was going to set up a 20H, I had the T-5 lights and all...then I got the AP24 and decided to set er' up and git - r - done!

So I have a 20" sunpod on the way...I hope :mellow: that I bought from MiMiC and I ordered a 14k Pheonix bulb wit mah contest GC, I chose Premium Aquatics cause they kick arse...mind ya'll this is the first time I have ever used MH and have no idea what the hellz I am doing lol I just did alot of reading and the pheonix 14k is supposed to have a nice blue color

I also ordered 15lbs of nano rock from Premium Aquatics with mah GC..so it will have more live rock soon

I did the eggcrate filter floss holder mod and put filter floss on top untill StevieT gets back to work *cough hint cough* and I order my "in Tank" fish saver and media rack :P

equipment

20 lbs Natures Ocean black beach sand...this time no Tahitian moon sand

1x Koralia 1

1x MJ1200 with Hydor flow replaced stock filter

1x 100w heater

filled with Natural Sea Water

appox 35lbs LR

livestock

1xpygmy angel

1x firefish

1x sixline wrasse

1x yellow watchman goby

I hope that everyone that followed me along my 6 month contest tank journey will join me once again on my AP24 :D

here goes...set up 3/22/09

--------------------------------------------------------------------

August 09 FTS

P1010061-11.jpg

July 09 FTS

P1010021-15.jpg

June 09 FTS

P1010037-5.jpg

May 09 FTS

P1010023-11.jpg

April 09 FTS

P1010003-35.jpg

March 09 FTS

P1010027-8.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Maria

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Needreefunds

Between you and Kim its like new tank - a - week init?? :lol:

Not too shabby, got that six month look in six minutes. :P

Gonna be another beauty I'm sure.

And careful you don't fall in love wit-da- MH shimmer. :)

Looking great, wish mine looked that good. If I remember correctly Steve already makes the media rack for the AP24, check his website. Also the fish saver as well.

Insta-reef! :D

Looks great, Maria.

haha insta reef...I likey :lol: New title! and Lani zoas still going stromg..I broke the flat rock in half and a 4 inch eunice worm came out in a slime ball, I wondered why the lani zoos looked great at times and then they would stay closed...the eunice had it's cave right in the middle of em' :huh: it just slithered into another rock..my bro was like "Kill IT!!" haha and then he looked at me crazy when I stuck my hand back in to keep aquascaping.."with that big arse worm in there?"

FTS is gorgeous!

RPE actually don't like super high light, so def keep them on the bottom in the new tank.

Oh..Ok Weetie...good to know :) my ked redds lost a little color cause they were being shaded by my xenia plug in the 10g...hopefully they too will get some better color

FTS is soooooo awesome. I love all of your tanks :wub: Keep up the great work

Thanks Gerber :D that is a great compliment :flower:

should keep the T5s over it, boo to the sunpod

oh and a couple things in your tank arent zoa or lps

just saying

oh and put that poor plate on the sandbed

Between you and Kim its like new tank - a - week init?? :lol:

Not too shabby, got that six month look in six minutes. :P

Gonna be another beauty I'm sure.

And careful you don't fall in love wit-da- MH shimmer. :)

Insta reef!! haha Thanks Hugh...I mean Richie :happy:

I know I am a T-5 gal...I feel like a traitor :P

Looking great, wish mine looked that good. If I remember correctly Steve already makes the media rack for the AP24, check his website. Also the fish saver as well.

Steve is on media basket hiatus lolz he is in the process of moving and will start back up sometime in April B)

Thanks guys and gals!!

should keep the T5s over it, boo to the sunpod

oh and a couple things in your tank arent zoa or lps

just saying

oh and put that poor plate on the sandbed

<_<

ok mostly zoas and LPS :lol:

I had the plate on the sandbed and it did not like it, it seems much happier on the rocks :P

I always wanted to try MH so I thought this is mah chance.

Nick's Reef

With the halides you need some of SDT's world famous red cap, i accidentally broke off a small piece while doing a wc and ur going to take it! :P

Ohhh! thanks Nick! :o

I went to da LFS and gots me a blood skrimp...I have always wanted one and a green bannded goby

he's so purdy and shiney

P1010010-26.jpg

P1010003-29.jpg

Pals still....

P1010015-15.jpg

new kid on the block..GBG

P1010023-7.jpg

P1010016-18.jpg

Thanks!

Maria

Nick's Reef

Cute GBG, which LFS did you get him at? Unda The Sea always has them but they always have Iich as with all their fish. Also I think you should get a mandarin and train him, I love my lil" gal and finally got her eating again just 5min ago! :)

gulfsurfer101

Looks like your off to a good start. Those are some nice zoas you got, if ever wanna trade some frags let me know.

Cute GBG, which LFS did you get him at? Unda The Sea always has them but they always have Iich as with all their fish. Also I think you should get a mandarin and train him, I love my lil" gal and finally got her eating again just 5min ago! :)

Thanks Nick! I got him at Kookaburras :D I have a mandarin in my 46Bow I am happy she's eating...mine took a few days to eat frozen, now she waits at the same spot every day for food

Bueno, muy bueno......

gracias amigo! dos cervesas porfvor

very nice

Thanks Pablo :D

Looks like your off to a good start. Those are some nice zoas you got, if ever wanna trade some frags let me know.

Ok will do! I am gonna let this tank fill in a little and then I will frag off some stuff

Thanks everyone!

Yay!! I got my Sunpod yesterday :D Thanks MiMiC!

also got my L/R and Pheonix bulb the other day from Premium Aquatics

I put 2 sheets of eggcrate to get the corals used to the MH

Some new pix with the Sunpod and new aquascape...I love da shimmaz B)

My rics with a spot waiting for EL Fab's blue cloves

P1010003-30.jpg

P1010004-27.jpg

P1010017-16.jpg

some of Lanis Zoos were taking a diffrent color under the PC's :( I am sure they will be back to normal soon

P1010030-6.jpg

P1010005-32.jpg

P1010006-26.jpg

P1010007-27.jpg

FTS

P1010038-6.jpg

Maria

Archived